Forums are back in action! ×

How to do long-term?

Also known as, I don't know how to name forum posts. 

After I filled out my High School PE requirements last year as a Junior, I feel that my overall fitness went on somewhat of a decline. I couldn't quite motivate myself to do much more than play video games and fulfill other, more 'pressing' commitments--as was described in the 'required reading', exercise wasn't a priority in comparison. Seeing the parkour performed in games like Assassin's Creed, however, gave me a little bit of curiosity about the sport, and in searching for a definite 'starter guide', I came across this site. Looking through it, I decided to join up and see if I could see this project through.

I don't know if this is necessarily an 'intro' post, but it's what brought me here, and what I feel I'm best suited bringing up.

Hello as well, Sub and Sambie! I'm glad to be here as well.

I guess my long-term end goal is to learn to do Parkour--even if I don't get there (Although I'm confident that I will) it's still a target that will encourage me to start some better habits for myself. Currently, though, my short term goals are to consume less grains (I don't buy my own groceries, not out of the house yet, so my diet's a little harder to control without my own income) and to get in the habit of exercising every other day.

I used to be an Orienteering runner, and I'm currently in marching band at my high school--I have good endurance and lung capacity, but I'm not very flexible or very good at starting/stopping quickly.

Archived