Forums are back in action! ×

Powerlifting meet. Didn't bomb.

andygates

Very nice.  I declared to my wife that I'm going to enter one in 2014.  I need to go to a few in 2013 and watch and see how they go, not just read the rules book again.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Wait for the instructions.

Everything takes a hundred times longer than it ever could in the real world.

Bring food.

There, you're good to go.   :)

and water.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

80s medium - No, greed.  3 squat, 2 bench (then an overreach) and just 1 deadlift (rushed, head not in game).  

albeus51 - Awesome stuff :) We do virtual meets here every few months. As for real meets, look up your local-ish federation and ping 'em.  Any strength-type training is suitable (I'm currently using Texas Method), and I'd recommend practising the specific competition moves (the deep squat, and the paused bench).

woot!

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived