Forums are back in action! ×

Well Hello!

Hi!

I'm Chris (girl Chris, not the boy version). I'm 24, half French, half Maltese and I live in Denmark with my Viking of a husband.

I decided to come over to the Dark Side of the Rebellion after the whole Bodyrock.tv situation last week.

To be quite honest, I feel quite lucky they stole Steve's articles otherwise I would still be looking at a dumb skinny girl with outrageously huge fake boobs who has no knowledge of nutrition for my workouts instead of a great nerd. Me happy!

I'm not new to fitness, I practiced sports a lot my whole childhood/teenage years but had to stop after a pretty serious injury when I was 16. I put on a lot of weight after that and even had to have 3 knee surgeries 3 years in a row (19/20/21 yo). And, after doing the whole eating like shit/starving myself/working out like a lunatic I found Bodyrock.tv which I followed on and off for the past 2 years. I lost quite a lot of weight with them, there is no denying it, but I kept putting it back on as there would always be something that made me quit for a couple of months every few months.

Food wise, I'm "good", hubby and I have been following the paleo diet for a long time now. We also (veggie) juice at least once a day. There are the occasional slip ups, but we feel so much better when we eat well that we are not tempted by all the bad stuff.

Talking about hubby, he's my Yoda. He's the best support system anyone could ever dream of. He's fantastico-awesome!! When I told him about Nerd Fitness, he was super excited for me. When I told him about Spezzy's story and how she inspired me to start lifting, he pretty much started dancing! He loves the idea of a strong wife, a wife who could lift more than him (we even have a friendly competition there!). I always wanted to be strong, but I think that, depite all the fitness reading, I was still afraid I would bulk up. I'm not anymore and I can't wait to get started!!!

So yes, that's the plan, I want to become a super strong version of myself, the one I have dreamt of my whole life! Oh and I want to be strong enough to compete in a Tough Mudder (if anyone in Europe wants to partner up!).

That's pretty much me. Can't wait to get this new fitness adventure started and for it to never end.

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Archived