Forums are back in action! ×

Zombicide! - New boardgame

Rooks

Anyone else played this?  I guess it was a Kickstarter not too long ago, but now they are in full swing.  My buddy brought it over a few days ago and it was super fun.  

It's a collaborative style game (i.e. you work together against the Zombies) and you all either win or lose.  Anyone else out there played it?  Anyone already ready for the expansion pack (I believe coming in March)?  

http://guillotinegames.com/en/

My friend just bought this game!  We haven't played it yet but it looks AWESOME.  I'm a huge fan of collaborative games.

tiny threadjack:  Anyone ever played Level 7 [Escape]?  That's another collaborative game, a new one to us, only tried playing it once, and it seemed like the hardest game known to humankind...we struggled to make sense of the instruction booklet and it felt like key pieces of info were missing or explained in a counter-intuitive way.  BUT, a significant portion of our group was distracted trying to keep steaks from burning on the grill, so that may have had something to do with it.  :)  /threadjack

If you want to see a fun zombie game, try the one that had an entire table of geeks trying to kill CoreyD about a month ago.

Yeah buddy! I was running down streets with a fireman's axe and the other players had the zombies fleeing in fear of my badassery.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

That looks awesome!  My favorite game in the last year is Pandemic, so I bet I'd love this one.  

Zombiecide was my first collaborative game, and I absolutely love it. My husband then bought me Pandemic for my birthday, which is awesome, although I think I still prefer zombiecide. So yes - you'd love this, too.

Did you two win? That game is notoriously hard.

What kind of games are you into? Card games or miniatures on map games(like Risk). 

We won because we noob cheated (i.e. not moving the Outbreak marker and clearing the board of disease cubes once a cure was discovered). Apparently reading rules is for chumps.

Probably leaning towards strategy games with board and pieces. I was leaning towards Agricola Lite.

I still haven't played Agricola. Another table was playing it at a game night I was at... and it sounded kinda... mehh. I understand the lore but I don't wanna be a farmer. I wanna be a viking. 

The player vs player games I was watching reviews on today are:

Rune Age : a deck building game that can be player vs player, co-op, or player vs environment

Deadwood : a spaghetti western where you're using resource management and worker placement, but... you can shoot your opponent

Conquest of Nerath : Risk + a bit of D&D. Constant war against your opponents and the ability to dungeon crawl? This will most likely be on my table soon.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Archived