Forums are back in action! ×

New guy!!

Hey up, figured I should say hello. Long time admirer and reader but never made an account. Guess because I never bothered with the whole get fit thing, it was always something "for the future" for a different time. 

Little background on me. I am a 27 year old former member of the Territorial Army (British Army version of the national guards I guess) from Northern Ireland, UK. Back in the TA days I was at my fittest. However once that ended I spent a few years working desk jobs, getting fat and "contented" in a long term relationship. 2012 was a nasty year to me, I was made redundant and had to move back to Northern Ireland from overseas, and the fallout of it all ended my 5 year relationship in September. So instead of wallowing I decided to make some changes. So I done some P90X.

I started back in September and I got hooked. Read up a lot (here included) and educated myself in nutrition. My main goal was to strip body fat. I am 5"10 and weighed initially just under 190lbs. So for the first 3 months I stripped back my intake and focused on lowering my 26% body fat. I finished at the first 90 days a week before Christmas and took a week off and jumped right back in. Finish this 90 in St Paddys week (great timing for a week off right?) Currently I weigh in at 146lbs with 12% bf. Abs are starting to show through and I am fitter and stronger than I have ever been. Life is on the up and up (Job interview tomorrow in fact, all about the great timing, me!) Once I finish this run through I plan to change my priority from lowering my BF as a great base to building some serious strength and some size. I am naturally small, my frame is not huge. So if I gain 7lbs or so of muscle it should look great. I was HUGELY inspired by Staci's article (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/) which I stumbled across tonight. Already with eating right and all that my strength and stamina are hugely better than I have ever been, now to push on. Looking good is a goal, but feeling good and being strong is the real deal for me.

The interesting thing I discovered was about my eating habits. I just assumed I was eating a LOT of food because I put on weight. Turns out I was just eating a lot of BAD food. Huge video gamer so that never helps, late nights, cans of coke etc. So once I started to be smart about it the weight tumbled off. My next problem will be to up my food intake considerably. I eat 6 times a day as is, but I need to go more to get some mass. That will be the hard part as I always feel full as is. 

Anyway I am rambling, I figured I would say hi and check in.

Some before and afters too as that seems traditional.....

p90xday90fb.jpg

backskx.jpg

Archived