Forums are back in action! ×

Time to start a rebellion

Hi everyone!

I have recently started looking for ways to improve my life and set some good routines to live by after I graduated from college last year.  In the process of working on my new years resolution (get my life organized so I can really live it well... not lose weight, that would be much too cliche) I started looking for better ways to eat and exercise when I came upon this site.  After reading a few of Steve's articles and poking my head into the forums I can tell this is a good group of people to be a part of.

A little bit about me, for the last four years I have been a varsity swimmer, which has lead to me being a typical skinny fat kid now that I have cut swimming 3+ miles a day out of my routine.  Along with starting a new job as a software engineer, and thus sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day I quickly started to gain a significant amount of fat.  Not weight, just fat, since I slowly lost a good chunk of the muscle I had put on during my years of swimming.  When my company started doing a "Biggest Loser" competition I joined the team since they needed an additional person.  This got a lot more intense when I decided to go big or go home and made a fat bet with a friend of mine.  So now I am looking at getting myself under 10% body fat and building some muscle before the end of May or else I am going to be out $400.  This should be a fun experience, looking forward to seeing what happens!

KingZora

p.s. I know Zoran kings are generally fat, but you've gotta have goals right?

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Welcome! Looks like you have a lot of work to do for yourself and for that bet! You'll find tons of resources here and I'm sure you'll do great! I can't wait to see how it goes!

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Thanks everyone!  I am two weeks into this now and I already feel great, I have started losing a bit of fat but just in general switching to a paleo(ish) diet and making sure I workout is doing wonders for how I feel.  

Glad to see there are Zelda fans here.  It's nice to have found a workout community with a nerdy side.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Archived