Forums are back in action! ×

Green Wizard has joined the Rebelion

Who says Wizards can't be fit?

My name is Ryan, i'm from Las Vegas and I'm tired of having to go to Big and Tall stores to buy clothes

I'm tired of making the run to the bus and feeling like that was my workout for the day.

Tired of breaking bad chairs

Tired of not being able to do a pull up or a sit up

Enough of what I'm tired about. it's more about what you want to do with yourself

I want to do tough mudder. I want to go on a beach and have turn heads for the right reason. I want to be able to chase someone down if they steal my preorder of ni no kuni (that didn't happen, just thought it might...i would cry) I want my body that used to beable to run miles on miles without getting tired.
---------------------------------------------------

As for an appropriated class for the NF rebellion. i'd say my fitness goals are more in line with ranger style. strength and endurance. I don't want to be pure strength  i want the stamina that will carry me though the zombie Apocalypse.

Right now, i'm focused on doing the basic training from the rebelion guide. I am for the most part eating paleo with my bouts of weakness here and there. the hardest part for me is really making sure i have the right calories. I buy enough food to fit in the paleo style, just sometimes chips at work are too tempting. 

The big part that I'm in conflict about is what I do to build up my arms. I can't do a push up or a pull up. I do girl style push ups right now and i can only do 8 at a time. I think that's what's really holding me back from presuing my next plan, either rebel strengh guide or starting strength combined with cardio for off nights.

I can't think of anything else to add. also I tend to drink on the weekends....that might have to stop.

Thanks for the replies, as far as arm stuff, I eventually want to do pull ups and other things. my arm definition is very low and i feel that i'm not that strong in my arms at all. that's what i want to build up mainly....not specifically, not ignoring, core and back, but want to kind of focus on what's weak to build it up

Welcome! I'm with Athena, do as many modified pushups as you can and increase from there! If you want to do other arms stuff, you might try using some bands, dumbbells, medicine balls, kettlebells, or whatever else you might have access to. Everything helps and slowly, but surely, you'll make it where you want to be :)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

You have some great goals. It's always easier for me to achieve the big stuff if I break it down into slower steps (like breaking hard Yoga poses into phases). It gives you confidence and motivation as you go and helps you celebrate progress as WELL as product.

I broke a chair once. It was horrifying and sooooo embarrassing. It really helped kick me into high gear when it came to dealing with my weight issues. All the best! You're gonna rock it!

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Archived