Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd from South africa

Hi guys!

My name is Louis and I live in a town called Lichtenburg here in South Africa. I have been receiving the NF newsletter for a few months now but I thought it’s time to take the next step and join your ranks.

Nerdfitness has helped me tremendously in my life. In the span of a few months I have lost weight (about 15kg), Started exercising (nearly daily) and I have quit smoking (Almost a month now). I am now trying to take control of my financials. None of this would have been possible if I did not find nerdfitness. But now I actually want to take things to the next level and I hope to find help and inspiration here and maybe help and motivate my nerdfitness brothers and sisters.

I love the Final Fantasy series of games, and FF8 is probably still my favourite. My other big love will have to be Warhammer 40000 (table top gaming). I have two 40k armies, a chaos deamon army and a death guard army (chaos space marines). Lastly I am a huge Gundam fan... I even have a Gundam tattooed on my back.

As for character class, I was thinking that I would be a cross between a ranger and an assassin (I saw in the comment section that someone called this class a rogue?)

Knowledge is power, hide it well

Welcome to the Rebellion. Glad to have you here :) It sounds like you've made GREAT progress already (congrats especially on quitting smoking, that's tough one!). Hopefully you continue to find the help and support you need around here.

My favorite games have always been Zelda games, though I have dabbled a little bit in other console stuff. How could I not? I also play World of Warcraft once in a while, but I'm not too much of a gamer nerd.

Rangers are kind of multi-class to begin with, so if you feel like you're sort of in the middle on that decision, I'd probably lean toward Ranger (Surprise! I'm a Ranger). I don't know if Assassin and rogue are equivalent, though you could probably make it that if you wanted to :) When I think of the Assassins I think of... things like the Amazing Spiderman and ninjas! So take it as you will.

Again, welcome! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Grats on your weight loss AND on quitting smoking. I worked on my own before I joined up here (I guess I was intimidated!) and I really feel like I should have done it a LONG time ago! So yay!

I can't wait to see your progress!

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Archived