Forums are back in action! ×

Stumbled upon this site lastnight and decided to give it a try

Hey everyone

I'm 24 years old and recently lost my job, for the past month or so I've done nothing but moan and throw myself pitty parties and I'm tired of it. I figured there's nothing that I can do about what happened in the past and I need to look forward to the future and a big part of that future is dropping weight and getting into shape. Which of course, is easier said than done. Especially considering the last time I picked up a weight before this week was my freshman year in high school which was about 9 years ago. I basically want to feel good about myself and turn the negative into a positive. So I lost my job, what does this mean? I have time to work on myself and maybe I can inspire my friends and family to do the same.

I decided to join because I think being surrounded by people that have the same desires and goals as myself will help keep me motivated on the days when i would much rather sit in my chair, drink a mountain dew and play Skyrim for 12 hours lol.

Anyway, I'm not very good with intros so I think I'll stop here.

I actually did the same thing a few years back. I lost my job and was in terrible shape. Depressed and just felt so sorry for myself. I turned it around and started working out and my self esteem shot way up. I think it's awesome that you're going to turn things around. Good luck and welcome! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

That's a really great lesson to learn. You can only change the future. Sure, learn from the past, but don't torture yourself over it or you won't accomplish ANYTHING! It's time to kick as and use this time out of work to kickstart your health program and it seems like you're really ready to do that! You're gonna kick ass :)

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Archived