Forums are back in action! ×

Vegas, anyone?

SelinaKyle

I live in Vegas and I've never been to a show. To be honest I haven't done much out here and I've lived here four years now. I can't say I really like living here though. My mom is supposed to come out and visit me this coming June and I'd like to be able to take her out to see a few shows. They're a bit pricey but if it's just her and I it'll be easy to go see a few shows. Unfortunately the only great thing about Las Vegas is the strip which is only a few miles long, the rest of the city is pretty terrible.

Having been to Vegas dozens and dozens of times there are a ton of fun things to do. There are all the tourist things such as Freemont Street and the strip. However, there are some really cool places outside. Drive over (if you have a car) and check out the Hover Dam, there is a conservatory called Red Rock just west of Vegas which is one of my favorite places to hike (and I hate hiking). We call it a giant playground for adults but be sure to wear good shoes and take some water, lots of water.

My favorite shows I have been to are Marc Savard (Hypnotist at Planet Hollywood, one of the funniest shows I have ever seen), Blue Man Group (new show just started this year), and any of the Cirque de Soleil shows.

We were just down there over President's Day and found a go kart place call Fast Track which had a Groupon deal for $25 for 3 races. It was an absolute blast. We were there for 2 hours for just those 3 races.

Feel free to PM me for details on anything or if you have more questions.

Kolraw, level 1 Human MonkSTR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

Fitocracy Profile (all workouts here)

This summer will be my 5th trip to Vegas in as many years. I go each summer for a business conference. I honestly haven't been off the strip yet (other than staying at the Rio), but there is plenty there to do. I really love walking the strip. I am seriously considering taking one of my costumes with me to do some shots there.

Shows I have seen include

Cirque du Soleil - Ka <--- pretty awesome, but i didn't understand the ending

Lion King - Fantastic

Blueman Group - Very good music mixed with comedy

I have partied in Studio 54 and the Voodoo Lounge. I like the Voodoo more than Studio 54.

I would like to see the Hoover Dam, and my dad says Fremont Street is the place togo for some awesome entertainment on a budget.

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

Hey guys,

I'll be going to Vegas for the first time in about two weeks. I will only be staying there for 5 days. It will be me and my brother. I've already picked up some ideas of things to do and places to go from this thread, but does anyone have other recommendations on how to best spend our time there. Also, are there things/places/people we should avoid / look out for?

Archived