Forums are back in action! ×

Starting Strength Q&A Board

Gainsdalf the Whey

You are fine folks here and I enjoy these boards immensely.  However, you are risking being replaced  by the Q&A boards over at Starting Strength as my favorite place on the interwebs.  The wisdom of Rip and other contributors on the board infused with their funny completely non-PC but not very often too over the top humor makes me learn and chuckle all at the same time. The link is below, I'm currently working my way through the threads from oldest to newest as the topics catch my eye.

http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129&order=asc

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Hahah that forum is great. Here's my new favorite Rippetoe-ism

Well, many strongman contests (from regional to national) certainly include judged events/lifts that do not employ barbells, so I do not see what's so sacred about only judging barbell lifts.

Barbells are sacred because I made them that way.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

yeah, that one made me laugh. I actually juwst bought "Mean Ol Mr. Gravity" for the kindle. It's literally the most useful questions and answers from Q&A forum compiled together, so I'm reading that right now. It's cleaned up and edited slightly, and not as fun to read because you don't get all of the comments.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived