Forums are back in action! ×

Oscars?

Katariana

Anyone out there watching the Oscars right now? I love them. I can't even explain it. I know Hollywood and movie stars get a lot of flak, and sometimes perpetuate fitness myths, but seeing such overall talented people, gathered together,  celebrating - it makes me incredibly happy. Anytime people gather together to celebrate how far we have come, and our past achievements, Im happy. 

I also love the dancing, singing, and humor. 

I've watched nearly every year since my husband joined night shift and I found myself home alone most nights of the week. It reminds me that there's a lot of fun you can have, even if you're stuck at home alone, and watching it reminds me of good things in life.

Anyone else watching?

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

Str - 4.5 Dex - 3 Con - 1 Sta - 3  Wis - 4 Cha - 5

It's okay to be happy to see me. Just because you're English doesn't mean you need to hide your emotions.

I'm Irish. We let people know how we feel. Now f*** off.

Im excited (still watching) but amazing - on a more fitness related note - I just reconnected with an old friend while talking about the Oscars, and telling her how she motivates me to work out - she told me I  motivate her - I showed her the link to Staci's story, and now she's super stoked and might join NF. I hope she does, but either way, Im just happy. 

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

It's okay to be happy to see me. Just because you're English doesn't mean you need to hide your emotions.

Hehe, yeah, I love watching them. And I love Jennifer Lawrence so much. Glad Im not the only one!

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

Haha, yeah, I never used to watch them until a few years ago, but then I realized it was more than just the movies & awards (dancing, singing, jokes...) Im glad you had fun!

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

Also... was I the only one to notice that Renee Zelwegger HAD to have been drunk or on something... she could hardly stand up straight when she was presenting with the Chicago people lol.

Also, boob song + jennifer lawrence's yay not seeing my boobs reaction = win.

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

I like watching- except for all the drama crap.  It's like it takes too long- so I get my fix by checking out the worst and best dressed of the Oscars (sometimes I really wonder who deciedes what's "worst" and what's "best" because some of them It thought looked good and they were under the "worst" category.

what's the deal with "J.Law"  god I hate that.  Jennifer lawrence. why is everyone in love with her?  she's such a horrid actress?  Am I missing something?

Totally agree J-Law or whatever is annoying. But she is a great actress. Just depends on what you've seen her in I suppose (I don't count Hunger Games or XMen as her "best work"). She was already nominated for an Oscar 2 years ago before she got big. Plus she's very genuine/down to earth/ in all her interviews, and funny.

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Yeah I love Jennifer Lawrence too but not her nickname. She was amazing in Winter's Bone, and in Silver Linings Playbook. I see her interviews a lot and I just love how she is so..herself. I mean, she flipped someone off at the Oscars, which is hilarious. Plus when people ask her questions she really answers honestly "Are you worried now what you won an Oscar at 22, you've peaked too soon?" Jennifer "Oh gosh! I am now, thanks a lot!" Plus she refuses to loose weight for Hollywood. She says in Hollywood she's obese and that's insane. And she worries while trying to get stronger/tougher for her next Hunger Games movie that she wants to look fit, not thin, so no little girl out there ever skips lunch to be more like her. Yeah, I love her.

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

I am so annoyed with her I have a hard time following her.  I was amused the bird she gave- I think it was in "jest" and was supposed to be after the video camera crews had rolled out- but obviously someone with a regular camera- not so much.  

She did look super fabulous in that dress for damn sure.  

You liked her in Winter's Bone?  I thought it was so awful I had to turn it off- I couldn't finish. I screamed in anger through the ENTIRE hunger games- the acting was awful- the story was awful. There was literally nothing I liked about it.

Now.  Someone I know told me I need to watch Silver Lining's Playbook- because there's this girl who'se this dancer and she's just like you because of x, y and z...... turns out it's Lawrence's character.  I proceeded of course to give him shit for watching a chick flick- but now I'm mildly curious to watch the movie.  Plus Cooper is stupid hot (well he looked like he was lacking the hotness in that movie- but he he is on my short- "I want to keep you in my closet like a creeper "list   :nevreness:

Haha, I like the Hunger Games novels to Im predisposed to like the movie (although I was sad how much they cut out, but thats normal). I really liked Silver Linings Playbook, but if you don't like Jennifer Lawrence you may hate the movie.  I get it sometimes there's just people or actresses that bug the crap out of you. Im that way with Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks. Technically American classic actors that everyone loves, but I really can't watch a movie with either of them in it

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

Oh my goodness that hilarious!!! Wow

Yeah - there are certain movies (like I really do like You've Got Mail) where I can deal with Tom Hanks, but most of the time Im just annoyed. Same with Julia Roberts - its like she always play the same person - herself. However, I do like Pretty Woman because I grew up on it. Thanks for the article!

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

yeah someone said I really need to watch it based on our character similarities- but I"m not sure I can. I'll probably be angry she gets to hang out with Bradley.  <droooooooooooollllllllllllll>

leg hump leg hump leg hump

anyway.  

There was a hysterical article on cracked about certain actors ALWAYS have the same type of poster for EVERY movie.  It's amusing. if you don't find it before the end of the day- I'll look it up and post it up- it's hysterical. I chortled tremendously to myself. 

Archived