Forums are back in action! ×

King of the Nerds

Grayfang

Has anyone else been following King of the Nerds? It's a new reality show on TBS pitting nerd against nerd, eliminating someone every week. The nerds all stay at Nerdvana and do things like debate about superheroes, cosplay, play giant games of chess, and build giant Rubik's cubes. I highly recommend checking it out.

I also wanted to put it out there that Genevieve and Danielle are almost if not just as annoying as Alanna and Virgil. Alanna was more pathetic than anything.

Ivan or Moo to win! (personal prediction)

John was my absolute favorite *metalhead growl!*

Level 2 Pandarian AdventurerSTR:7 DEX:2 STA:1 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:5.5

Daily Battle LogChallenge 2    Challenge 1

"Don't kill yourself in the machine shop; I don't want to deal with the paperwork."

Eh- it is "just another reality show" in that there is a lot of unneeded drama (see list of annoying characters) and a lot of cocky attitudes, but at the same time I find it fun to see what kind of nerdy challenges they have to deal with, and what celebrity judges they have (george takei!). Plus the participants are (imo) pretty relate-able.

I think it's worth checking out, just to see if it's something that will entertain you. Plus the nerd anthem they reated last week is pretty catchy.

You call me a nerd like it's a bad thing

But earth is a kingdom, and nerds are the kings...

Level 2 Pandarian AdventurerSTR:7 DEX:2 STA:1 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:5.5

Daily Battle LogChallenge 2    Challenge 1

"Don't kill yourself in the machine shop; I don't want to deal with the paperwork."

Eh- it is "just another reality show" in that there is a lot of unneeded drama (see list of annoying characters) and a lot of cocky attitudes, but at the same time I find it fun to see what kind of nerdy challenges they have to deal with, and what celebrity judges they have (george takei!). Plus the participants are (imo) pretty relate-able.

I've also wanted to watch this show! As soon as I saw the commercials I was like "YES, Finally!", but since it's late at night I can't seem to stay up to watch it. since I missed a few episodes (i like to watch things in chronological order) I'm gonna wait til someone posts episodes or DVD.

From what i have seen though, it kinda reminds me of survivor, "just another reality show", I'm still curious on who will win though...

Human Adventurer

Level 0

|| STR: 0 || DEX: 0 || STA: 0 || CON: 0 || WIS: 0 || CHA: 0 ||

---

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."

I've also wanted to watch this show! As soon as I saw the commercials I was like "YES, Finally!", but since it's late at night I can't seem to stay up to watch it. since I missed a few episodes (i like to watch things in chronological order) I'm gonna wait til someone posts episodes or DVD.

From what i have seen though, it kinda reminds me of survivor, "just another reality show", I'm still curious on who will win though...

I actually don't have any channels, just Netflix, so I'm probably going to torrent it.

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Caught that episode the other night, first time I've seen it.  Going to rewatch the series, it was awesome, plus I have a thing for nerd girls and find all 3 still on the show damn sexy, so I'll watch for that reason too.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived