Forums are back in action! ×

I'm a 50 year old female who is ready to level up. I have actually been looking around the site through the month of February, getting a fitness plan together, and getting started. I found the site as I was looking for information about Crossfit. 

My plan had been to challenge myself through the month of February to make a fitness plan and follow it, as well as get completely serious about going Paleo (or for me it would be Primal since I tend to follow the Primal Fitness - Mark Sisson-  eating and lifestyle philosophy). So, as a reward for sticking with the plan for the month, I was planning on joining the local Crossfit gym. Well, I have decided not to go that route (here it is March 1st already), but not because I didn't stick with the plan, actually I did - Hooray!- I've just found such great information on working out on NerdFitness I'm really happy doing what I am doing at this time (I can always consider the Crossfit gym later). 

So, what I needed was a new reward...I took up the suggestion for "20 seconds of courage" and signed up for one of the Run For Your Lives obstacle course 5K runs. The thing is, I don't want to just run it - I want to ROCK it! Already putting together a workout plan to incorporate things I might find on an obstacle course run into my workout plan. I would love any information from anyone on the site who has done one of these.

Looking forward to doing a challenge.

Level 1 Wild Elf Adventurer

STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 4 WIS: 3 CHA: 2

"One day at a time, one workout at a time, one decision at a time"

--Steve Kamb

Archived