Forums are back in action! ×

"That doesn't make sense" Movie moments.

Guest Snake McClain

Correct, unless, that is, they are orphan billionares in an obscure prison in the third world having been placed there by an obvious supervillan

Extenuating circumstances FTW!

In other news, I may owe a few people an apology. Good thing my wife is understanding.

JB 2.0

Level 1 Simian Ranger
STR 4.5|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.

-R.A. Salvatore

My Challenge Thread | My Battle Log | Battle Log Spreadsheet | Down and Dirties!

What pains me is that we're only one third of the way into a book I could read in half the time. And:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20315_if-hobbit-was-10-times-shorter-100-times-more-honest.html

yeah- that was one of my big complaints too is they are adding SOOOO MUCH time to it- and it would have made an excellent single long film on it's own.  I'm dead serious when my BF's fucking retarded sister and brother and law got SUPER bent out of shape about it because I clearly didn't know what I was talking about- in that I hadn't read the books and I just "didn't understand Tolkien"  (they are like the epitome of sheeple- they love it regardless just because it's Tolkien- it's embarrassing how dumb they are)  I was even MORE pissed off when I found out she left her brand new TWINS- like- home from the hospital for a week- with her mother- so they could "get out and go watch the movie" ... like YOU DON"T NEED A BREAK- THERE IS NO BREAK FROM INFANTS YOU TWATSTICK.   Then three weeks later they wasted another 25-35$ to go watch it in the theater... AGAIN. God my brain hurt.  Sigh oh well.  I guess if it makes her happy.

I was SO LIVID when I saw that horrendous GI Movie, at the end, when they blow up the icebergs, which then SINK TO THE BOTTOM TO CRUSH THE BASE... 

I'm so mad about this one... The glacier floats just fine, but then it's broken into smaller pieces and they suddenly sink. How did that one sneak through the filters? HAVE THEY EVER HAD ICE IN THEIR DRINKS?

That's probably the most angry I've been watching a movie... and I guess I'm still mad about it.

LOL- both of them were awful- my old roomie wanted to see the first one- I almost walked out it was so corny. LOL- I wonder how those people get paid to do what they do sometimes.   ah physics- even movie directors are subject to your laws... the inescapable!!!

yeah- that was one of my big complaints too is they are adding SOOOO MUCH time to it- and it would have made an excellent single long film on it's own.

I'm right there with you on The Hobbit. Confession: I saw it twice, once in 48fps, once in 2D. I decided finally that I enjoyed it, but that I couldn't think about it as "The Hobbit"... because it's not "The Hobbit"-- It's Peter Jackson's attempt to recreate LOTR by taking a quickly moving, funny novel + a chapter from the book on Middle-Earth's creation/history (that most people won't understand unless they've read the book -- which most people shouldn't). Also -- What was up with that CGI? I found myself cringing in several spots because of its atrocity (goblin king, anyone?).

After reading the last chapter of The Silmarillion, some of the things they added made more sense to me (Necromancer, White Council, a little of the Radagast stuff), but they still messed up the timeline of specific events, added WAY too much additional stuff, and still only managed to get through 6 chapters of the novel in 3 hours. Ridiculous. I would've AT LEAST expected them to get to Rivertown by the end of the first movie.

As to your boyfriend's sister/bro-in-law, just because it's Tolkien doesn't mean it's right. Yeah, I love Tolkien too...but it's someone else adapting his work and deciding what's important...the result isn't always stellar.

Level 2 Half-Giant | Adventurer

**aspiring to Druid/Scout hybrid and Wood Elf-dom**

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 4.5 | WIS: 6.75 | CHA: 6

Walk to Mordor | Epic Quest | Recovery Journey

I have a why. This is my how.

I was SO LIVID when I saw that horrendous GI Movie, at the end, when they blow up the icebergs, which then SINK TO THE BOTTOM TO CRUSH THE BASE... 

I'm so mad about this one... The glacier floats just fine, but then it's broken into smaller pieces and they suddenly sink. How did that one sneak through the filters? HAVE THEY EVER HAD ICE IN THEIR DRINKS?

That's probably the most angry I've been watching a movie... and I guess I'm still mad about it.

That entire movie was awful. I still can't believe they made a second one.

Archived