Forums are back in action! ×

DnD Style RP Adventures

jtj016

I'm pretty sure I said this earlier, but just to be clear, I'm in. I haven't played in over a decade, so I'm not comfortable being a DM, but if this goes well, I'd like to learn so I can shoulder some of the responsibility on future challenges.

JB 2.0

Level 1 Simian Ranger
STR 4.5|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.

-R.A. Salvatore

My Challenge Thread | My Battle Log | Battle Log Spreadsheet | Down and Dirties!

To be clear, play by post is very slow, one dungeon crawl can take months as you can really only ask 1 post a day from most groups. A single battle of 10 rounds would then take 10 days. This is not something that goes on a challenge by challenge basis.

To compensate, you really put a lot of detail in each post and really flesh out the story. I've had single dungeon crawls that could have very easily been cleaned up to be pretty good quality written stories.

It also makes it very easy on the DM as they can get the beginning of the story together and work as they go instead of having to flesh out an entire world beforehand to account for the players going every which way in the game.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Below is a link to one of the boards I used to be on, followed by a link to a specific game that I think is pretty good quality.  This is D&D 2.5, an old school ruleset, but gets the idea across. The site was unfortuneately shut down when the msn groups forums died (when the site got sold to microsoft) and the switch to the new location didn't work out so well.

I apologize for the formatting, we used to post within tables using html code so we could add backgorund, colors, and pictures to our psots and they didn't carry well to the new forums in many instances.  Just highlight posts and you should be able to read any white text at least.

Boards: explore at your will, games are in the "moderated threads" section.

Game: Lair of the Goblins.  I am Reyco on this board.

For rolling, if you are interested in knowing how we did it, there used to be a website we used where you would input the dice you wanted to roll and the email adresses of you and your DM and it would email you both the results.  This got around anyone cheating on rolls.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Also, I have a friend (not on the site) that might do it.  I'll ask him if you guys like, not sure what system he'd want to run but it would probably be an earlier D&D.

500 / 330 / 625

He's in if we run Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (AD&D) BTW.  I think I have an electronic copy of the player's manual for any players.

500 / 330 / 625

He'll be posting a recruitment post soon.

500 / 330 / 625

500 / 330 / 625

Hey guys,

Just put the recruitment thread up.  I'm at work while putting the post together so it sounds a bit disjointed, but it will give the idea.

Corey can let you know of my abilities/experience if you have any doubts.

Send me a message or post in the recruitment thread with your interest, experience level, and possible class you'd want to play.

- Rathrune

Archived