Forums are back in action! ×

A Tomb Raider venting

sumdawgtwigg

Ok, so I got Tomb Raider when it came out, and have played it hardcore since. I'm really close to getting to the end and a glitch has kept a cutscene from happening and now I can't progress any further. I'm going to have to start a new game, after playing well over ten hours. I'm mad...lol. Any of you had an experience where a glitch ruined hours of gameplay? Just to add a little bit, a friend of mine played Master Quest for many MANY hours and when he was near the end, a key wouldn't spawn in the correct place. So, he was out over thirty some odd hours of gameplay. 

Rambles.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

How frustrating!!!! Do you like the game though? I am contemplating getting it since I love Lara ;)

My worst glitch was when I was playing Borderlands 2, we finished the game so we started over Vault Hunter mode. In the beginning of the game, in Clap Trap's area, I jumped over something and got stuck - couldn't move! Jumping, crouching, running, nothing would get me out of it. Even the other player tried dueling me and nada. I had to quit and then the game wouldn't load. :( 

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

I LOVE the game! I've been a Tomb Raider for a very long time. It's really really is amazing how they've rebooted the series like they have. She is such a believable character now. 

That sounds just as frustrating as mine, bleh! I would like to try borderlands though. Kinda late to the party but a lot of my friends like it. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

No a glitch, per se, but I was playing through Morrowind for the 100th time (not actually) and got to a point in the main quest where I had to go get some shield from some tomb and bring it back to some guy who thought it was important. Note: I've started and not finished this game probably about 8 times (actually). Now, when I play a game like this, I do tonnes and tonnes of side quests before I get to the main quest, and in Morrowind especially, I do a tonne of random exploring, because I love the world so much. So I'd probably put, like 20-30 hours of game play into it by this point (if not more, this was some time ago, and I still have anger, so my memory is a bit clouded), most of it not doing the main quest.

So anyway, I get to the tomb no problem, and get inside no problem, and I've been there before during one of my dungeon diving expeditions (I can tell because there's a pile of low-level armor in one corner of a room, and all the non-respawning loot is gone), and I get to the end, and no shield. I look all over, I use the wiki, I ask on forums, nadda. Main quest: broken, 'cuz I picked up that shield, like, 10 hours before, and dropped it somewhere else random because I found some other piece of loot I liked better.

I still have that save game, and could go back and continue to randomly wander over every inch of Morrowind in search of that shield, because it's got to be somewhere, but man... I think I'm destined to never finish that main quest...

Dare mighty things

Dang man, that's awful. I was so mad about a little over 10 or 12 hours! I can't imagine over 30 hours and messing everything up. I would probably snap the disc in half and delete everything! Morrowind is a wonderful game though.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Dang man, that's awful. I was so mad about a little over 10 or 12 hours! I can't imagine over 30 hours and messing everything up. I would probably snap the disc in half and delete everything! Morrowind is a wonderful game though.

I might have considered that, but after the time and effort it took for me to get my hands on a Game of the Year disc, I wasn't about to do damage to it. There may have been some actual stomping down the hallway, though. The floor joists could take it better than the disc...

Dare mighty things

Skyrim.  The very end of the Stormcloack quest line.  The final encounter didn't trigger properly, and no amount of reloading and re-trying would make it work smoothly. I think I used the console to mark the quest completed and trigger the cut scenes, so I didn't miss out on content, but it was quite an immersion breaker in what ought to have been an epic moment in the game.  The fact that I'd started regretting my choice of sides from about halfway through didn't help....

Level 4 Human Adventurer / Level 4 Scout, couch to 5k graduate, six time marathon finisher.

Spoiler

Current 5k Personal Best: 22:00 / 21:23 / 21:13 / 21:09 / 20:55 / 20:25 (4th July 17)

Current 5 mile PB: 36:41 35:27 34:52 (10th May 17)

Current 10k PB: 44:58 44:27 44:07 44:06 43:50 (29th June 17)

Current Half Marathon PB: 1:41:54 1:38:24 1:37:47 1:37:41 (14th June 15)

Current Marathon PB: 3:39:34 3:29:49 (10th April 16)

I LOVE the game! I've been a Tomb Raider for a very long time. It's really really is amazing how they've rebooted the series like they have. She is such a believable character now. 

That sounds just as frustrating as mine, bleh! I would like to try borderlands though. Kinda late to the party but a lot of my friends like it. 

If you ever get around to playing it on a PC - we can game together if you'd like :)

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

2 really bad ones.

First, not realy a glitch but horrible gaming moment. Star Ocean, Just beat the game and about to start extra after game stuff. Save and go for supper. Come back to my brother playing. Let him finish the boss fight he is on then he somehow saves over my game. ~25hours.

Second, Skyrim. Right near the end after flying off on the dragon, last puzzle door glitches. ~40hours. love side questing in all elder scrolls.

Now I have atleast 2 saves for every game lol.

Height 6'2" Age 26

345/215/435

Strength isn’t just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I’m covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength! Haruyuki Arita (Accel World)

Playing GTA IV when it first came out I got about 30 hours into the game... and then a main mission just never appeared... turned out it was a known bug that they were patching soon, but my only fix since it already happened was to start over. So I sold the game and haven't played a GTA game since.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

If you ever get around to playing it on a PC - we can game together if you'd like :)

I'm not much of a pc gamer :( Is it fun online? I haven't tried it yet.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Playing GTA IV when it first came out I got about 30 hours into the game... and then a main mission just never appeared... turned out it was a known bug that they were patching soon, but my only fix since it already happened was to start over. So I sold the game and haven't played a GTA game since.

I'm putting it on hold for now, so I don't get so pissed off I never touch it again lol

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Oblivion- Game glitched so that when I got one of the warrior guild ranks, I didn't get the achievement.  I was still able to advance and get the achivement for the rest of the ranks, but I'm missing one in the middle.  Made me angry that I got jipped points.

As far as Tomb Raider, they got rid of the Tifa Lockhart body type, which makes me sad. Prolly not gonna get the game, but not because of that, more because the gameplay is only 10-15 hours.

Anyone miss old school games that took forever? I could easily spend 40-60 hours completeing everything in FF7,and even a bare bones, quick, no extras playthrough took somewhere around 20 hours. Average completion time was somewhere around 35-50 hours.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Oblivion- Game glitched so that when I got one of the warrior guild ranks, I didn't get the achievement.  I was still able to advance and get the achivement for the rest of the ranks, but I'm missing one in the middle.  Made me angry that I got jipped points.

As far as Tomb Raider, they got rid of the Tifa Lockhart body type, which makes me sad. Prolly not gonna get the game, but not because of that, more because the gameplay is only 10-15 hours.

Anyone miss old school games that took forever? I could easily spend 40-60 hours completeing everything in FF7,and even a bare bones, quick, no extras playthrough took somewhere around 20 hours. Average completion time was somewhere around 35-50 hours.

I had a couple of glitches in Oblivion myself, nothing to bad though. 

I'm actually glad they got rid of that body type, I like that she is more realistic. Of course FF7 is longer than Tomb Raider, it's a RPG lol. A lot of action games stories are 10 - 15 hours long. Play a modern RPG and it will have around the same amount of gameplay as FF7. :tongue:

On a side note, I just now noticed your user pic, I love it. haha

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived