Forums are back in action! ×

21 Day Sugar Detox

Anivair

For those of you wondering how the 21 Day Sugar Detox went .... it's over.  And I creamed it. 

It is now day 22.  I went all 21 days without ingesting a lick of sugar, artificial sweeteners (I did once accidentally get a mouthful of day old diet coke that I thought was iced tea) or anything that might turn into sugar in my body like rice or corn or whatever. 

How was it?  Not that hard, really.  For the first half I over-snacked on nuts as bit, but in my defense, I was coming down off of a sugar craving like crazy.  I have now decided that my favorite snacking food is dried nori cut into little squares.  I  keep a tub of them at home at all times. 

I lost 9+ pounds (still waiting till this last pound levels out from post-workout-swelling before I say it's an even ten) and all of that was fat and water.    I feel pretty good about that, but mostly I feel good that I went 21 days without any sugar at all.  I don't really know if my pallet changed, though the last time I had collared greens they tasted really sweet to me, so maybe.  I'm waiting till lunch to try my first sweet thing:  a little bit of very dark chocolate.  

To be honest, I'm a bit afraid to let myself go at all at this point, so I think i'm going to keep this up.  What I might do is maintain this sugar detox for the first 21 days of every month and then add in some fruits, paleo treats,  etc at the very end of the month.  I think i could probably maintain that for a long time. 

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Archived