Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys,

So here I am in college and suddenly I realize that this is my biggest opportunity to actually make my life what I want it, so here I go! As a skinny 6' tall female I get a lot of "Exercise?? But you're so skinny!" Yeah well I want strength and health more than just being a stick.

Though to be honest I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing... For now its trying to pick out the good from the bad in the dining hall (not always easy) and the beginner body weight workout three times a week. We'll see where I go from there!

Elf Adventurer

Level 1

STR: 2   CON: 3

DEX: 3   WIS: 3

STA: 2   CHA: 3

Current Challenge

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees."

"The only sin in life is a seed unplanted."

Hey guys,

So here I am in college and suddenly I realize that this is my biggest opportunity to actually make my life what I want it, so here I go! As a skinny 6' tall female I get a lot of "Exercise?? But you're so skinny!" Yeah well I want strength and health more than just being a stick.

Though to be honest I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing... For now its trying to pick out the good from the bad in the dining hall (not always easy) and the beginner body weight workout three times a week. We'll see where I go from there!

Things like this are kind of a pet peeve of mine because it kind of highlights a persons ignorance to health. You don't workout to be skinny...you workout to be healthy. And everyone needs to be healthy (if they want to live long and not have major health issues) and to be healthy you have to eat right and workout. I never stayed in a dorm or bothered walking foot into the college dining hall but I have friends who did all those things and it's definitely not always easy to eat healthy in college.

But anyways good luck!

I'm 5'1" and a little chubby and I still get the "you don't need to work out/diet" kinda sh*t, misery really likes company!

Anyways, welcome and don't forget to eat healthy but eat more if you are trying to gain muscle. There's a really good calories calculator at iifym.com that helps you get an idea of how much you should eat to bulck up. Good luck!

lvl 1 Halfling Aspiring Assassin

Str 0, Dex 1, Sta 1, Con 4, Wis 5, Cha 4 

@psdessa | Instagram | MyFitnessPal | Battle Log

"Should I concern myself over events, which I may never witness? Should I torment myself with problems that may never come to pass? No! Tomorrow lies buried with yesterday, and I will think of it no more. I will live this day as if it is my last. And if it is not, I shall fall to my knees and thank the heavens." Og Mandino

Welcome! College is a pretty good time to change some things about yourself, considering you have a whole new start where no one knows you. Even better you probably have access to a gym and other work out places (woo!).

That said I agree with Annlea, it's kinda hard to eat healthy with campus food. Does your dorm happen to have a kitchen?

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

Welcome! College is a pretty good time to change some things about yourself, considering you have a whole new start where no one knows you. Even better you probably have access to a gym and other work out places (woo!).

That said I agree with Annlea, it's kinda hard to eat healthy with campus food. Does your dorm happen to have a kitchen?

We do have a kitchen, unfortunately the cooking supplies amount to a few pots, a spoon, and a large sand shovel (not even kidding). The dorm food could be a lot worse though, we at least have a great salad bar and I end up using that a lot.

Elf Adventurer

Level 1

STR: 2   CON: 3

DEX: 3   WIS: 3

STA: 2   CHA: 3

Current Challenge

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees."

"The only sin in life is a seed unplanted."

Yep that sounds like a dorm kitchen, lol. Well if you ever decide you want to get a change from dorm food or feel like being creative I would try cooking a few meals. When I was in college we had a good will withing walking distance so I grabbed some really cheap cooking things (read didn't care if they got lost, stolen, or destroyed) and had some fun.

And don't dis improvised cooking utensils. :P You have no idea how entertaining it is stirring with a pencil because you realize you have no clean spoons.

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

Archived