Forums are back in action! ×

Hi hi from southwest Virginia!

Hello everyone, thought I'd stop lurking and finally register and start posting :)

I've finally decided that I need to start getting in shape, and have lurked here, and registered on fitocracy as well, to track my workouts.

I am pretty out of shape, cannot manage a real push-up, so my current excersie plan is every other day, the following:

Crunches: Several sets of 10 or so

Cheater push-ups: however many I can manage

The Stairs: Running up and down the stairs like a madman

Calve raises: because

I've tried to do squats, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing them wrong x_x

I've also saved 2 gallon milk jugs to use as weights, although I'm not sure how to use them effectively (suggestions or ideas?)

My current goals:

Look better shirtless ( I've got a not-quite beer belly currently)

Better endurance in airsoft games. ( more running with less getting winded at the start)

Tire out the dog ( I want to make him work to keep up with me, not vice vrs)

Currently I'm at 227lbs. (Which is actually kinda ok, considering I'm 6'9" or so tall)

Any ideas, suggestions, etc for me?

I'm on fitocracy under the same username, and feel free to add me on Facebook as well, same name :)

welcome! im also very new here and i find the people in the threads pretty cool and sometimes hilarious. so i think this will work for me. as for good form check out steves videos and ressources. for example the angry bird workout is pretty cool.

stay fearless! :onthego:

I'd recommend the beginner's bodyweight workout. It has a good mix of some of exercises that will strengthen your legs, upper body, and core. It also includes some of the exercises you listed above. Also, look through the free resources and consider joining the Adventurers group in the challenge. Welcome!

Level 2 Half-elf Adventurer

STR 3.25 | DEX 3.75 | STA 6.5 | CON 6 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 3.75

Intro ~ Challenge 1 ~ Challenge 2

"Sometimes the path of least resistance leads through a minefield"

Well hey there other Southwest Virginian! I don't feel so alone now! haha. Anyway, welcome to the rebellion! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived