Forums are back in action! ×

Oh look it's the new guy

Hey everyone! 

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to my fellow rebels, been a lurker on this site for some time and I figured, "heck, why not?" and made an account. This is the year for change! I'm still finding my way around the community pages but from the looks of it I came to the right place :)

Little about me:

Dude, 24, 5'6", weighed in last May at 206lbs. Not good. 

Decided enough was enough and wanted to make a change for the better. Bought a bike, put in some serious miles over the summer and changed my eating habits to more vegetables and lean meats. Cut out soda and candy and all those tasty little snacks that make you feel soulless afterwards and slowly made the drop to 182lb (current weight).

I am incorporating a bodyweight program into my cycling and just recently found my legs again for running, and I look forward to doing various charity rides and running events this year (Spartan Race looks sweet!), with long term goals to complete a bike tour of the US and weight wise to crack 170lb, but I'm in no rush and will enjoy the ride! Yes, pun intended.

I'll be updating with stories from my rides and runs and anything else I can think of relating to the Rebellion.

If you read this far I salute you! 

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!†― Hunter S. ThompsonLevel 2 Wood Elf RangerSTR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3 CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

Ah running and biking, my favorite two fitness activities! Welcome to the rebellion and great work on your progress this far! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Thanks guys! I love biking.. and running is more a love-hate relationship. I hate it but love the feeling after a good run. Know what I mean? lol

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!†― Hunter S. ThompsonLevel 2 Wood Elf RangerSTR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3 CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

A warm welcome, great to have you. Biking is awesome, not a huge fan of running :) What sort of riding you do, mountain/road? I sold my old road bike to upgrade, but then had to use the money for something else so just have a mountain bike now... but I miss the road bike so much. 

Hope you enjoy your stay :)

My Blog

My Book Reviews

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Road. I used to mountain bike but I snapped the frame.. whoops. I sincerely hope you find a new set of wheels!

Welcome, you have some really good goals and have had excellent progress already, I would say good luck but I don't think you need it. In the next 2 weeks I'm going to buy the first bicycle I've had since I was a little kid and get into it myself.

Mel The Hangry, Level 7, Aussie Gnome, Druid

STR 9.5 | DEX 7.5 | STA 18 | CON 19.5 | WIS 14.5 | CHA 6.5 

Current Challenge: TBA

Last Challenges: Mel The Hangry is getting back to basicsMel The Hangry is making changesMel The Hangry is turning into a Druid

"Some days you eat salads and do yoga, Some days you eat cupcakes and refuse to put on pants, It’s called balance."

Oh no I will take all the luck I can get.. every day is a new battle and I like to have some luck on my side lol. 

And definitely do, you'll feel just like a kid again

Wow 4-6? That's intense. Good luck! I wish I could find the time to do everything I wanted this summer. 

4-6 is intense, indeed.  But, I'm not squeezing them all into the summer.  Definites are one in June & one in August.  Two in September.  And on in November.

Depending on schedule, etc.  Maybe I'll squeeze one more in.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

I'm leaning towards the New England August run in Seabury, is that the one you're planning on going to? 

What type of training are you doing/have you done to prepare? Basically, what can I do to better prepare? Certain obstacles to look out for?

Yes, Amesbury is on my definite list.

It sounds like your cardio will be just fine with all the biking and running.  Bodyweight routines will definitely help.  Things to make sure you do plenty of before you get there.... pullups and burpees.

As for obstacles to watch out for... nah.  First, they change them up all the time.  Secondly, they don't really advertise what you are in for.  Part of the fun is seeing what challenge lies around the next corner.

Last year, Amesbury was the first one I had ever done.  And, I wasn't at my peak fitness.  I had slacked off for (essentially) a couple of months leading up to it.  I'm looking forward to hitting them stronger and faster this year.  They are so. much. fun.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Archived