Forums are back in action! ×

OOC: The Gathering

Just found out I'm heading to the field on Thursday for some amount of time (7 - 10 days is the estimate I got, so likely 14 - 20).  I'll have internet access there and hopefully will have time to post regularly after my 12 hour shift.  Just wanted to let everyone know.  If it becomes a problem, I think Rath and I can come up with something.  I don't anticipate it being a problem though, unless we get into a situation where we are posting multiple times a day.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

Also, do we know where we are and where Stag Point is with reference to Tythis? Like could we have stumbled there or hitched a drunken cart ride there during our drunken adventures?

According to the DM description, it's approx. 5 miles Northeast of Tythis' Outer City Slums. I'd say we got whisked there via a drunken cart ride from hell.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Was it in the world description?

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Reading comprehension fail, one reason I'm an engineer.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

In the NF album, when viewing the pic in the album, I click on the pic name then I think large size, the right click properties. The pic HTML link for that size is there.

500 / 330 / 625

In general, it's ok to post more than once a day, especially if having a one on one conversation. Typically, when the group is together, you want to give everyone a chance to respond or perform an action before posting again. It's more of a feel thing. In combat, you definitely have to let everyone post (including the DM) before making another post.

- Rathrune

Excellent work so far guys. Keep it going, I'm going to leave it pretty open while you guys poke around.

Be aware that I will often send a private message to an individual player if its knowledge only they will know. In this particular case, I sent a PM to Corey indicating he would find an apple and the kitchen wasn't use since last night.

Most of the time, if a player is stating knowledge of the game world, it is because I have told them privately. If I see any assumptions or information that is incorrect, or information I haven't provided to the player, I will take care of it.

Great role playing thus far.

Pro tip: just in case anyone gets feisty, remember you're going to be traveling in a group and relying on each other. While I encourage true role playing in every sense, remember that these guys are going to be your friends, so try to be somewhat accepting of that. :)

Loving what I'm seeing so far!

- Rathrune

Alright, reply (finally) posted!  A bit of monkeying with format.  Rath, is there anything you prefer regarding conversations, thoughts, etc in terms of formatting?  I think its all pretty clear right now.

Let me know if there's anything to change.  Also - I'm working on getting better looking posts - I think I've figured it out but that one was an hour and half in the making, so I'm going to leave it as is for now.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

Hey Jon,

I don't require anything but good writing.

As a suggestion, though, thoughts of a character tend be in italics and a different color than the normal text....while speech tends to be normal though, with appropriate quotations, and also in a different color than normal text.

- Rathrune

Alright, I'll try something along those lines.  I find it easier to grab the bit of text from another post that I'm replying to as well.  Makes it easier for me in writing.  I can delete those after I'm done or leave them in place as I've done.  Whatever is easiest to read and flows the best.

Also - any notes or critiques or glaring errors, please let me know!  I'd rather edit a post or have something to think about for the next one than look foolish in perpetuity! 

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

Jon,

Not sure what you did on that last post, but its very very small and impossible to read. I'm viewing from an iPad, but your other posts looked fine.

Just to inform the players, Jess is unable to play due to her schooling. I know we all wish her the best and agree she made the right decision. If her time frees up I may allow her to play at some point.

For now we will have another player, Drew, entering the mix. His character will be introduced by me at a later time.

- Rathrune

Looks fine to me, full width compared to before.  Ipad has zoom yes? Try clicking on it?

500 / 330 / 625

Rath
I have been looking over my character and have decided her weight is really unrealistic for her height (5'3") and strength (15). So I am changing from 96 lbs.to 130. Unless I hear otherwise I'll assume you're fine with that.

Here is a write up of the physical attributes of Yllaora. I was going to post it with the play, but figured the repeating of it may well get irritating. If not to you all, then to me!

Yllaora is a female Half-Elf. At age 18, she stands 5’3” and weighs around 130 lbs. Her hair is dark copper and she keeps it long and braided with a small pony tail set at the top of her head. Her skin is olive colored and weathered for her age. She is obviously physically strong and has a bit of the Elven in her that adds a gentleness. Her speech is often crisp and slow. She wears studded leather from an unknown maker. A buckler and helmet are lashed loosely atop her backpack. Her long sword is strapped across her back and has a distinct curve to it. A sling is protruding from a belt pouch and a thin knife is set at her belt. The breeches that show from under her waist armor and crammed into soft, tall boots and the tunic peeking through her armor have to look of repeated mending. The only thing that looks off is the red painted stones wrapped around her left wrist. A bracelet of sorts, but not something that would likely be chosen with the rest of the gear.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On