Forums are back in action! ×

OOC: The Gathering

Drew,

What I have been doing is using a picture in MS Word, then putting a table inside the background picture with the text + any other pictures I want to use.....I then control + a ....open Paint....then control+v to paste it.....I save it as a jpeg....then upload it to photobucket.....crop/trim as needed.....then right click and "view image info" and I copy the URL and upload it as a picture in the reply.

My formatting needs work and the others have made theirs look better than mine, so they will probably have a better process than I do.

- Rathrune

Hey Drew,

I write up my post in Word,

set up my background and pictures in Publisher and save it as 'Post template,'

then copy and paste the text into a text box in the Publisher file,

when I get what I like, I do a print screen (FN+END probably for you as well),

paste it into Paint,

crop it and save it as a PNG file with a different name. That way I keep a template of the publisher file to reuse next time.

I've been uploading to my gallery here on NF, but photo-bucket and such is good too.

Once in my gallery, I copy it and then paste it in here.

See you soon!

Teri

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I have an adobe license so it makes it a bit easier.  I get the post looking how I want in Word (I too have a template saved at this point and just edit the text), then I do a "save is" an adobe file.  I open the adobe file, save as a jpeg (word doesn't have this functionality), then go into paint and crop it. Done, just upload the picture I paste the image link. It sounds more complicated than it is, but once I'm done writing and formatting colors for the post, all those steps take 30 seconds.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

It's not going to be pretty for now till I get a hang of it since I don't have Word/Adobe :P Basically, I just have OpenOffice and trying to figure out how to put the text on the background. So I'll post what I have for now since I have my words/pic/stats in it and as this goes on, I'll improve my post pic...thing...can't think of a word to describe it haha

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

-- Charles Bukowski

Thanks, Drew.

Your actions are correct for the NPCs but in the future, the DM will dictate their actions. You are certainly welcome to have our character recommend a course of action, but do not assume they follow it unless explicitly told.

Thanks for making the post; I will attempt to have a DM post up shortly.

- Rathrune

Can do and will just talk to them in the future and see what happens :P Also, I realized my AC is wrong on my character sheet because I forgot to add my armor to the equipment list on the AC side of the sheet :S Hence, why I have 2 for AC on my post

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

-- Charles Bukowski

Well this just got interesting! Looking forward to the DM post...

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Can do and will just talk to them in the future and see what happens :tongue: Also, I realized my AC is wrong on my character sheet because I forgot to add my armor to the equipment list on the AC side of the sheet :S Hence, why I have 2 for AC on my post

How the hell do you have a 2 AC BEFORE armor? 30 dexterity? You mighta calc'd wrong? Starts at 10 and goes down.

500 / 330 / 625

My post may seem bad, but I had planned on her stalling at the door, because her logic wasn't complete. I'm trying not to use the outside info. Should I post before or after you Rathrune?

Hold a sec, Fig spotted the sneakies while looking out the widnow, gonna post and we can play off that.

500 / 330 / 625

Conversation is fine, ATTEMPTED actions or INTENDED actions or SITUATIONAL actions are fine (i.e. "if the bear were to approach aggressively, I'd shoot it in the face." or "If little Johnny bites grandma, I will bite her, too.")

Remember there is initiative in combat, so people's actions will happen ahead of others and possibly interact in a way. Based on posts, you may see that momentarily....

- Rathrune

No prob, delete the content for now if you haven't already and I'll delete the post tomorrow when I'm at a computer.

500 / 330 / 625

Hey guys!  Thanks for sending Grubar into the fray Rath.  Its been a bit crazy up here, turns out 12 hour days means 13.5 hour days.  I'll do my best to keep up and should be able to stay on top of one post a day in the evenings.  Sorry if I'm slowing things down.

Love this giant battle so far by the way.  Thanks for giving us some cannon fodder villagers to help!

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

Hey Jon, If it gets too crazy there, you can just wear one outfit and never change. Save time. I suggest a Coast Maxi Dress. Should suit you fine.

:playful:  :highly_amused:

Teri

:smiley_simmons:

Haha, had to google "Coast Maxi Dress" and while I would be the best dressed, I'm often poking my hands around in dirt that looks like this: http://www.futurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/SoilCore_1.jpg and I'm afraid it would lose its elegance the first time I wiped my hands on it.

Also, what if one of these guys shows up? https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXjNnWAb6KbDKZfZp6YFye6_ijeshYP3AVnTYabGxmg4Qegj8LVQ

I'll never be able to outrun anyone!

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo