Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

I learned swiftly, via online interactions with individuals who may or may not have been affiliated with 4chan, that sometimes curiosity must be suppressed, for the greater good.

4chan?

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog, all of the time."  When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied "The one I feed the most."

Driftwood's Battle Log

First Challenge:  24 Feb - 6 April 2014

Second Challenge (Monks) :  14 April - 25 May 2014

4chan?

Have you heard of Encyclopedia Dramatica? Rules of the Internet?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

If I was a cat... curiosity would have killed me numerous times... I can't NOT look for things, no matter how much I might regret looking em up...

An old friend of mine used to always say: Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought 'em back :)

Now for things that annoy me:

1. When people hand me food I didn't ask for. If there's a family dinner and I'm finished, someone will walk up and hand a piece of pie or cake to me. Lately I don't even reach out for it. I just tell them "you got it, you eat it".

2. When obviously fit/skinny people degrade themselves. There's a girl at work that's in pretty good shape and quite attractive that is always complaining about how "fat" she is.

3. People at the gym that say "is that all you're doing" or "that's not very much weight". Everybody's got to start somewhere, sorry if I'm not at your level yet. 

• Like 1

One of my all time favourite annoying comments is when someone describes someone as 'down to earth'.

Wharglbarglbagl! What does that even mean! They're grounded and rational?! They're organic and rural?! They're not like all those other helium filled people floating through the sky? It's the modern equivalent of saying someone "Just really 'gets it' you know"?

• Like 1

3. People at the gym that say "is that all you're doing" or "that's not very much weight". Everybody's got to start somewhere, sorry if I'm not at your level yet. 

If your working on form and increasing like with SL you can eventually say "Maybe you should drop the weight down a little and work on your from, You said I wasn't doing much weight, now I'm doing more than your 1RM for a full set."

• Like 2

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

An old friend of mine used to always say: Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought 'em back :)

Now for things that annoy me:

1. When people hand me food I didn't ask for. If there's a family dinner and I'm finished, someone will walk up and hand a piece of pie or cake to me. Lately I don't even reach out for it. I just tell them "you got it, you eat it".

2. When obviously fit/skinny people degrade themselves. There's a girl at work that's in pretty good shape and quite attractive that is always complaining about how "fat" she is.

I like it... :-)

Staying with the theme...

One comment that makes me want to slap people..

Me: *Going about my business near someone at, let's say a printer*

Them: *Obviously having trouble with it and to no one in particular* "Oh man, it's not working"

Me: *poker face*

Them: *Again, to no one* "What am I'm going to do?"

Me: *Still poker faced*

Them: *Still, to no one* "Well, looks like I can't work anymore"

Me: *walks away*

If you can't be bothered to ask me for help, then I can't be bothered to help.

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

If you can't be bothered to ask me for help, then I can't be bothered to help.

Yup. With you all the way on that one. Drives me nuts too.. I'm fricking standing RIGHT HERE!!!! Just fecking ask!!! Ungh!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Yup. With you all the way on that one. Drives me nuts too.. I'm fricking standing RIGHT HERE!!!! Just fecking ask!!! Ungh!

I would even be ok with them attempting to fix it, then I would ask what's going on, but when you just sit there sighing and making comments... no. We have 2 people here at work that'll do that...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Try working in retail... You get a constant stream of numptys for your daily enjoyment/enragement. A different one for every day of the week! :D

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Try working in retail... You get a constant stream of numptys for your daily enjoyment/enragement. A different one for every day of the week! :D

Toys R Us, Movie Theater, Gas Station, Restaurant, Grocery Store, Military... Been there, done that, got plenty of t-shirts... :-)

Now I only deal with a couple at a time, instead of hordes of idiots. The Gas station made me come really close to giving up on humanity...

• Like 1

My first challenge

No. Do not, I say again, do NOT try working in retail.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Career retail monkey reporting in. Over the years I've dealt with so many total arseholes that literally nothing my friends and family ever do is capable of annoying me these days. If that whole thing about 'turning the other cheek' is true, I've definitely got some brownie points to spend in the afterlife.

• Like 2

Just realized how often I hear this:

[pretty much anything you can say]... for your age.

Ooooooooohhhhhh! *sucks in air through teeth*

Definitely ouch!

• Like 1

Career retail monkey reporting in. Over the years I've dealt with so many total arseholes that literally nothing my friends and family ever do is capable of annoying me these days. If that whole thing about 'turning the other cheek' is true, I've definitely got some brownie points to spend in the afterlife.

I got tired of that approach quickly. Twice I yelled at customers. In my defense, they had it coming. Two men in their 40s almost got into a fight in my store and the other time a woman was verbally abusing one of my fellow managers.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

That's ok to shout at them, they deserve it. :D

It's the utter stupidity of the general public on a constant, day to day basis when you can't shout at them, and have to smile politely, that really grinds you down.

I actually love my job. I love the people I work with, I love the subject matter, and I especially love being able to make people smile. No real complaints, I can (normally) even handle the eejits ;)

• Like 2

Just realized how often I hear this:

[pretty much anything you can say]... for your age.

Oddly, I say it more than I hear it.

I actually look pretty young for my age - the fat hides the wrinkles... :)

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Mom looking at Olympic athletes: “Whoa. They must have so much muscle, that’s amazing!â€

Mom seeing the result of my gym efforts when I wear a tank top: “You’re obsessed with this muscle stuff. It doesn’t look good at all!â€

I don’t even know.

Moms.

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

"If you would just eat with us you would be fine."

I started eating with my parents, dinner and cake, pie, ice cream.  I had made it to 295, yesterday i was back up to  304.

The next day she said at her the last appointment the doctor said the scale must be broken she couldn't weight that much. My mom has struggled with weight gain and doesn't know what to do about it, she says that the south-beach/Mediterranean/whatever diet will work and that's what I should do instead of cutting food groups, and that is the reason it doesn't work.  I have yet to get her or others to stop putting food in front of me or leaving it sitting on the counter where it forever tempts me.

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal