Forums are back in action! ×

My First Woot!

cjhallme

Hey, Rebellion!

OK, so this may not be a major woot to some, but for me it is.

I just completed my first ever actual workout...ever!

As one of those people who have stopped and re-started doing exercise a thousand times, and never did much more than cardio (as I was one of those people who thought cardio was the definitive answer to everything), I had never actually done a formal workout routine with some weights and reps and sets and all that...until today.

I basically did a modified beginner body weight workout from NF, doing two circuits of what's listed on the article, minus a few reps on some activities due to my lower fitness level (plus warm up and after workout stretching, of course).

It kicked my ass, and I've been sweating more than I have in years, but you know what? I feel good! Sure, I know my form is probably terrible for some things, and with other things I had trouble just doing the basics, but I did what I could, powered my way through it, and now I feel good about what I accomplished.

I'll be back to it again on Wednesday, and maybe I can try adding a rep or two to the things I had troubles with today. In the meantime, I'm going to do some more video watching to work on my form, and hope for an even better workout Wednesday.

Thanks for reading!

Chris

that's awesome!!!

What's an amazing feeling is coming back to the same workout in 2-3 weeks and realizing you can do things that 2 weeks before your body couldn't handle.  It's truly an incredible feeling!  congrats!  keep up the good work. 

Archived