Forums are back in action! ×

No More Pain!

jnicole

Context: March 11, 2012 --- I severely tore my PCL (like, it's still there but is just hanging on by a couple threads). After a month of being in pain and not being able to exercise, I went to see a doctor. The injury was misdiagnosed and after three months of unsuccessful physical therapy, I was referred to a surgeon, the MRI revealed the true injury, and we decided not to move forward with the surgery.

Fast Forward one year and three weeks: After several months of CORRECT physical therapy, I CAN RUN WITHOUT PAIN!

Up until now, every time I've run, it's been painful, and I could only sustain it for a little more than a minute before the pain became unbearable. Now -- no pain at all!!!!!!

This is exciting, people!!! I might actually be able to attempt a 5K in June! Wahoo!!!!

Level 2 Half-Giant | Adventurer

**aspiring to Druid/Scout hybrid and Wood Elf-dom**

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 4.5 | WIS: 6.75 | CHA: 6

Walk to Mordor | Epic Quest | Recovery Journey

I have a why. This is my how.

Hell yea, get back into it! I'm glad to hear that you've got that all straightened out. Now all you got to do is ease back into training and build back your endurance.

Good luck on achieving a solid 5k!

Half-Orc/Barbarien  Level 1

Strength (STR) - 5

Dexterity (DEX) - 2

Stamina (STA) - 1

Constitution (CON) - 3

Wisdom (WIS) - 3

Charisma (CHA) - 1

Thanks! I'm pumped about it!

I've registered for a 5K that's a little more of a "fun run", so there's not a lot of pressure, but it'll be awesome to actually complete one and get a baseline time for any future races!

Level 2 Half-Giant | Adventurer

**aspiring to Druid/Scout hybrid and Wood Elf-dom**

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 4.5 | WIS: 6.75 | CHA: 6

Walk to Mordor | Epic Quest | Recovery Journey

I have a why. This is my how.

Congrats! In high school I completely tore my ACL and partially tore my MCL and meniscus. I know how tough it can be. Physical therapy was always a killer but it did help! It rarely bothers me anymore.

Its great to see your back at it!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Archived