Forums are back in action! ×

Time to stop lurking . . .

Hi!  I'm hydra12.  I'm a youth minister and also a computer technician for the local public school.  I have a lovely wife and two daughters (15 and 6).

I got diagnosed as pre-diabetic a few months ago.  The doctors told me to lose 10 lbs, change my diet, and walk every day.  Well, walking is boring.  I've been interested in parkour for a year or so now, so I decided to get into shape so I could do parkour.  I was looking for parkour workouts and found Nerd Fitness.

I'm not going paleo at the moment, but I'm eating more veggies and cutting out bad carbs and some processed foods.  So far I've lost 10 lbs and my blood sugar is under control without medicine.

I've been doing a hybrid of the beginner/advanced body weight workouts for about 5 weeks now.  Just this morning I switched from incline pushups to real ones, and from inverted rows to pull-ups.  I'm also in week 2 of the Run 5k app on my phone.

Goals

• do 10 pull-ups
  • lose 20 lbs (or at least look like I have)
  • run 5k (I'm doing the 5k color run in Ft. Worth in May, ready or not)
  • start practicing basic parkour

I signed up as an assassin since I want to do parkour.

Level 1 Half-Elf Assassin
STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 2 | CON - 2 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 2

This life sentence that I'm serving, I admit that I am every bit deserving,
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair. --- RelientK

We're glad to have you here! This is one of the most supportive groups of people I've ever experienced, so I hope that you get plugged in to threads and discussions!

You've got great goals - and they're totally achievable! How's your 5k training coming? I signed up for the color me rad (another version of the color run) where I live, and it's in June.

There will be a new 6 week challenge starting on April 15...just two weeks away, you should consider hopping into that. It's been a great way to stay accountable and track progress on small goals while still working toward the big ones of all around fitness and healthier lifestyles.

Good luck! Hope to see you around on the forums!

Level 2 Half-Giant | Adventurer

**aspiring to Druid/Scout hybrid and Wood Elf-dom**

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 4.5 | WIS: 6.75 | CHA: 6

Walk to Mordor | Epic Quest | Recovery Journey

I have a why. This is my how.

The run I'm doing is Color Me Rad, too. For training I'm using the Run5k app. I just finished week 2 day 3. I got 2 miles today, which is a little better than usual.

Level 1 Half-Elf Assassin
STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 2 | CON - 2 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 2

This life sentence that I'm serving, I admit that I am every bit deserving,
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair. --- RelientK

Archived