Forums are back in action! ×

Walking to Mordor brought me here

I've been following NF via emails for about 7 months now.  I discovered the "Walking to Mordor" post and laughed the entire way through the post.  I subscribed to the blog emails and have read them faithfully each week.  After seeing yesterday's April Fools Joke (not funny, Steve...until today) I realized how heartbroken I was over the thought of losing this place.  So I decided to register and actually start participating.  Most definitely an Adventurer and am working on being able to sleep well so I can stay awake during the day.  We'll move on to harder stuff later.  I did a boot camp in January (holy cow) to help manage stress.  It was nice in that I saw what I was capable of doing, but bad in that it was definitely more than my body was ready for.  I went from work to class to couch to recover.  Currently sticking with gym cardio choices and circuit training (Planet Fitness circuit) and it helps with sleep and stress.  I'm almost ashamed to start one of the Battle Blogs until I'm doing something cooler.  The people I read tonight are doing awesome.  Anyways, that's what I'm here for.  Wishing all of you health, wealth and happiness!

Hi!

Walking to Mordor brought me here too! I found that article last year but didn't decide to join until a month ago. Go ahead and make a battle log - no one expects crazy and ridiculous results from everyone all the time, and having your log is a really cool way to keep track of how you're doing and see just how far you've come! Everyone starts somewhere.

Go get those goals! Take baby steps at first, and pretty soon you'll be making leaps and bounds toward your goals without thinking twice.

Welcome Aboard!

Level 2 Half-Giant | Adventurer

**aspiring to Druid/Scout hybrid and Wood Elf-dom**

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 4.5 | WIS: 6.75 | CHA: 6

Walk to Mordor | Epic Quest | Recovery Journey

I have a why. This is my how.

Hello and welcome!

I started off with the 30 minute circuit at planet fitness as well!

It's a great way to get into it, but I suggest that after 1-2 months of consistently going to the gym switch it up.  If you need help talk to one of the trainers! (its free)

Compare that to some advice here and youll be all set.  The problem with the circuit is that since you do the same stuff every day, with limited reps at each, your going to plateau with strength gain really fast. At least I did.

Anyways welcome and good luck.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Just popping over to say hi after you answered my gear question. I think jnicole is right about starting a battle log if you want -- it's all about doing what works for you, getting some support, and motivating others along the way. And if you do something like the walk to Mordor, you can say cool stuff like "Made it to Rivendell today." With a little imagination you can make any workout an epic adventure - or not if you don't want to. Anyway welcome to the Rebellion!

Walking to Mordor brought me here too. Well that and the fact that I'm a total Geek (yes, with a capital G). Good luck with your goals I'm glad you subscribed, I think participating in the forums helps tons. 

Kessihl - Level 2 Half Elf / Human1 (STR)  2 (DEX)  2 (STA)  3 (CON)  6 (WIS) 3 (CHA)  Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. 

Yay :triumphant:  :welcoming: , the gang from Walking to Mordor is here! Welcome and please join the battle logs. I'm not exactly sure what qualifies as cool and what doesn't :rapture: Personally I think taking the first step and doing something is cool. I think we have a tendency to read through the blogs and the ones where people are doing amazing stuff sticks in our brains, but truth is there are a variety of people in the Rebellion all working their way at their own pace, and that is cool :smile-new:

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Archived