Forums are back in action! ×

Down another belt notch

BopGun

Yesterday, getting ready for work, I put on a pair of slacks I hadn't worn in more than a month. They felt nice and comfy, as opposed to the seams-holding-on-for-dear-life sensation I got from them three months ago before I started lifting.

When it came time to belt them up, I received a nice surprise. I knew already I'd gone down one belt notch 4-6 weeks ago, but...but...one down wasn't enough this time. I needed a second one.

My puny strength level is not improving as quickly as either Rip w/Starting Strength or Mehdi w/Stronglifts would say is possible for a noob, and part of me is disappointed about that. (I just tried 80 for overhead press last night for the first time and I couldn't get any more than three reps in any set.) However, it is slowly improving while I'm slowly dropping fat, and fat loss is my primary objective right now, so I'll take that. :)

nice!  i will say that ohp is the hardest lift to progress on, it's the first one 99% of people stall out on first, usually because of technique.  check the videos and make sure you post form videos up, you may be doing something wrong.  if your form looks good, i recommend after a couple of 5x5 workouts throwing in an AMRAP (as many reps as possible) at a lower weight (50-75% your working weight).

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Archived