Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure how else to introduce myself except to dive right in and say HI my name is mentalfloss I am 24 and live in Queensland Australia.

Officially I am a I am a Level One Wood Elf Adventurer, but I am also an underpants gnome.  I have a tendancy to read a lot of information, put it in to practice for two weeks, get discouraged when I don't see results immediately, and then stop for a week or two to do some more research. 

I'm hoping to put a stop to this now by starting a 6 week challenge (but more importantly, finishing one) and hopefully many more.

I am an adventurer training to become a warrior, because I want to look like Staci xD I think being a warrior suits my build - I'm not lean like the rest of my family, very muscly (but that muscle is hidden by fat right now). And I am naturally better at lifting than I am at cardio based movements.

Would love to try to become an Assassin and Monk one day but we'll see - the thought of that much running is awful and martial arts training requires a lot of commitment.  I'm just a n00b, so I don't want to overextend myself and give up again xD

Anyway I would love to chat to everybody and anybody, I need as much motivation, advice and accountability as possible!!!  And I would love to cheer everyone on in their adventures :)

See ya!
mentalfloss
Level Two Time Lord Adventurer
STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 3

Hello~!

I'm also relatively new, too - can't wait for the challenge to start, either!

I'm a Monk primarily (done goju ryu karate for 3 years come challenge start), but I want to mix in Assassin, too. I agree that the running sounds a bit intimidating, but think of how fun it'll be to be so agile and quick!

As for martial art training, are you thinking of a specific club/class in your area? I'm no expert, but the club I'm in is fairly lax - we run two 2-2.5hr classes a week and there's an optional joint practice class for three hours on Friday nights with our more intense sister club. In my opinion, unless you sign up for a crazy intense club, martial arts is very much a "you get what you give" kind of sport. Is it the time commitment that's a bit scary?

But I'm totally in agreement - Staci's my end-goal, too, ha ha!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Cheers,

Mouse

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

STR 11 | STA 9 | DEX 5 | CON 11 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

ceterum censeo infirmitas esse delendam

CHALLENGE

TAKING OFF THE HAND WRAPS

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

Woohoo welcome to the rebellion! :D

Oh that's awesome!! :D Mixing in Assassin would be pretty good for you all round I'd say!  If I joined this club I would have to do a bit of running so I'd be pretty much in the Assassin guild.

Well I don't think I worded that right haha.  We have an awesome Muay Thai club here, and you're right I wouldn't *have* to make a huge commitment, but they run a lot of intense fitness based classes and I've tried a few times and just felt like I was slowing the class down, both because I'm unfit, and I'm pretty uncoordinated (no one has made me feel that way, it's just a silly little inhibition I have).  I know if I made it a focus and put my mind to it I could be really good.  But I want to work on making myself stick to a routine first, on my own so I don't feel intimidated, before I add the variable of exercising around others lol.  Does that make sense?  Probably not sorry haha.

Level Two Time Lord Adventurer
STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 3

Hello MentalFloss! I hear you with the more lifting oriented body, I have build which makes running not that fun.

But awesome job with starting the Muay Thai, that style is crazy scary seen from the outside. But what you said makes perfect sense, knowing you know what you are doing helps with nerves I've found. 

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

Archived