Forums are back in action! ×

New Blog Post. Super Personal

chrisevans17

I wrote a new blog post. Pretty much put all the cards on the table. Thanks for reading.

http://geekintheheartoftexas.blogspot.com/2013/04/time-to-come-clean.html

chrisevans17, Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger
STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 4 | CHA 6

|Facebook|Twitter|Fitocracy|Runkeeper|Personal Blog|Podcast|Current Challenge|

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" ~MASTER YODA
Specialization is for insects. Do all the things!

Hey Chris,

I'm impressed with your coming clean. I faked my way through years of saying, 'I'm strong for a girl;' just to keep everyone at arm's reach about how fat I was. Like they couldn't see me, doing nothing, not getting stronger or healthier? It's a great step and you should be very proud of yourself, not many folks actually take this step in life.

As far as the challenge is concerned, perhaps you loaded up too much? People may get sick of my motto, but I believe it's good advice.

Slow and Steady and it ISN'T a race.

I'm doing my first challenge now and I broke up my goals to start each of them two weeks apart. First Week - exercise everyday (new habit), Week three - quit Dr Pepper (really old habit) and Week Five - add veggies (new idea). Each one continues on after it starts, but I din't load up all at once. Maybe that will help?

Good Luck.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Tough love is just another way of saying "honesty", and that's lacking on too many levels in the majority of people. I salute you for kicking aside all the easy excuses and calling out the bullshit: you are now doing the RIGHT thing. Strength to you, friend!

:tranquillity:  :triumphant:

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Sorry to hear about your leg. Back in high school I tore my ACL completely, with partial tears to my MCL and Miniscus. I also had an injury to my wrist which damaged a tendon. 

For a long time I used these as an excuse just like you said you did/do.

The irony is if I had just kept working out and using them like I had they wouldn't really bother me at all. (Its rare that they actually do but still).

I wont say good luck, but instead, that I know you are going to do this!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

read your post and was torn between the wish to tell you to be kind to yourself no matter what and the impulse of saying: hell yeah, youre right! i admire that you came clean openly and i will just assume that your way of self-kindness is to give yourself some tough love when its time to cut out the sh!t. had a torn meniscus too and am just starting to train for my first 5k so i get that part of the story too.

you got this, man!

take care!

STOP POSTING AND GET TO IT!!!!

it's always good to acknowledged that you haven't been true to yourself.  But don't be an underpants gnome either.  The best way to make yourself feel better is to accomplish some things.... any things.  Write a list of things to do today.

10 push ups

10 squats

10 burpees.

and just dooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttt

:D

you got this shit!

This is what I have to deal with at work. This came from my unholy pig of a boss today:

"Just a reminder that our technology committee is meeting tomorrow for our working lunch, 11:35-1:00.  I’ll bring in pizza if Chris promises to eat no more than seven pieces by himself :)"

I have a very self deprecating sense of humor and make fat jokes about myself all the time. That does not give anyone else permission to do it. I am furious but I am going to take this and show that no-talent @$$ clown (yes, I pretty much work at Initech) what he can do with his condescending smiley. 

\m/ IS NO FRAKKING TRY \m/

It is a bit of a wake-up call because this time last year everyone was talking about how much weight I had lost and how great I was doing. That does not make it ok, though.

chrisevans17, Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger
STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 4 | CHA 6

|Facebook|Twitter|Fitocracy|Runkeeper|Personal Blog|Podcast|Current Challenge|

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" ~MASTER YODA
Specialization is for insects. Do all the things!

That's annoying.  

(I'm with you on the self deprecating sense of humor 100% and also with the you only get to make big butt jokes at me if you know me- and othewise- it's none of your business.

I'd bring in something else to eat.  Usually the pizza they bring sucks.  I hate going to lunches at headquarters- they bring pizza up and people give me shit about not eating it- and I tell them I can't eat it- first question is always- is it against your religion?

well yes if my religion is taking care of my body... yes yes it is. 

Hey, Chris! Greetings from a fellow Texas teacher/tech guy. It's great that you're being honest about your excuses that you're working to fix them. Hang in there. Don't let your boss get you down; use it to motivate yourself!

Level 1 Half-Elf Assassin
STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 2 | CON - 2 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 2

This life sentence that I'm serving, I admit that I am every bit deserving,
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair. --- RelientK

Archived