Forums are back in action! ×

Any Feist fans?

SSquirrel

I started reading Raymond E Feist's Magician series sometime in middle school (so 87-90) sometime after I read the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings for the first time.  Next month (in the US anyway) Magician's End is being released.  This will be the (I think) 30th book in the world of the Riftwar Saga and the finale of the series.  Kind of a sad thing.  I don't know how many times I have re-read all the books over the years, but they're one of those things I can just grab and start reading again for fun, like Gibson's Sprawl trilogy or some Tolkien.  Or Asprin's MYTH series :)

Any other Feist fans out there?

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

I loved the original 4 books. I haven't read the others, though. I had no idea there were so many!

Level 1 Half-Elf Assassin
STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 2 | CON - 2 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 2

This life sentence that I'm serving, I admit that I am every bit deserving,
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair. --- RelientK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_E._Feist has a list of all the books in the different series and Crydee.com has a chronological order to the books.  I think that the Legends of the Riftwar books all take place during the original series and the Riftwar Legacy books are during and just after it, as they are sotries about Jimmy when he is still younger.

By the time of the last series, it's about 150 years removed from the first book and Pug and some other long lived magicians are the only remaining original characters.  This series is why George RR Martin killing people off willy nilly in ASOIAF doesn't bother me.  I was already used to main characters dying in battle, of illness, of freaking old age! :)

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Oh YEAH! A couple of months ago I picked up Magician, loved it... Have just finished The Kings Buccaneer (and all the books in between). It's a fantastic series and I'm totally hooked. I'm now up to the serpent war saga which apparently is amazing, am looking forward to it but am going to have a bit of a break for some other books because I've just read 5 Feist books back to back. My fave characters so far are Pug, Nakor, Nicholas and Amos. It really has everything eh, dragons, magic, pirates, beautiful women, political intrigue and lots more. 

I had been on the lookout for a good fantasy series for a while after finishing the Terry Goodkind series, but there is a lot of crap out there and some started well but just got boring. Have you read the Troy series by David Gemmell? That's a great read and the first two books by Sara Douglas (battleaxe is the first) are really good too. 

I haven't read the empire trilogy yet though, are they good? Sheesh 30 books is quite an achievement, awesome through and at this rate I plan to read them all. 

My Blog

My Book Reviews

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Feist is awesome, I went on an uncontrolled reading binge, and read 18 of the main storyline books back to back. I love his ideas about good and evil, sometihng i'm trying to come to terms with living in South Africa, where greed and corruption are rampant 

Feist is awesome, I went on an uncontrolled reading binge, and read 18 of the main storyline books back to back. I love his ideas about good and evil, sometihng i'm trying to come to terms with living in South Africa, where greed and corruption are rampant 

Wow, 18 back to back is awesome! I just finished 'shadow of a dark queen' and found it to be the most boring one I've read so far, just seemed all filler. Great series though 

My Blog

My Book Reviews

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Archived