Forums are back in action! ×

3 things

I'm thankful for:

• O2
  • C
  • H2O

without these, all you fine people would not be around creating such a great community!!

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Great thread.  Throwing my hat in the ring today.

1) New PRs on my way to crushing the FDNY CPAT

2) New record for the sales team I run at the ad network at which I work (grammar nerds ho!)

3) Successfully instituting hourly push ups with said sales team, and having them all enjoy it with me.

"That's it!  You people have stood in my way long enough.  I'm going to clown college!"

"Some curs'd fraud of enemy hath beguil'd thee, yet unknown, and me with thee hath ruin'd, for with thee certain my resolution is to die."

I don't feel grateful for much today, so I'm going to go with simple.

1. My body, for being strong and capable of most things I attempt

2. My heart, for loving fully and completely

3. My children, for being my biggest reason to never give up

Hope you are having a better day. Bekah!

Today I am:

1. Grateful that intense deadlines like the one I am currently under happen rarely in my workplace (administrative bureaucratic junk!)

2. Thankful that it is Friday and I'm expecting to do an excellent hike this weekend with my favorite guy

3. Really glad that the little bit of snow that fell overnight was temporary! It is far to early for that sort of thing...

M2M

- Do something everyday!

First challenge: Avoiding the Demons of Autumn

1. We got the sandal recall done at work. I'm so glad I don't have to listen to customers complain about us not having their size in sandals when it's September and only 3 degrees Celsius in the morning/evening now.

Should have bought your sandals in June, bitch!

2. My boyfriend should be able to visit me soon. We haven't seen each other in 3 months, aside from on webcam... I miss him and I'm so pumped for when he shows up!

3. Planetbox Launch. It makes my lunches more epic, and more portable! Today I packed leftover Pad Thai I made, cultured coconut (yogurt sorta) with strawberries, and carrots with sunshine sauce (homemade veggie dip).

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

1) Preparation.  FDNY Time Trials start next week, and the amount of time I put into getting ready for the CPAT paid off today during the final training session when the only event that made me break a sweat was the Stepmill w/ 75 lbs vest.

2) My iPod.  The 2 hours of NYC traffic I sat through would have been torture without 2 dozen Iron Maiden albums.

3) STEAK!!!

"That's it!  You people have stood in my way long enough.  I'm going to clown college!"

"Some curs'd fraud of enemy hath beguil'd thee, yet unknown, and me with thee hath ruin'd, for with thee certain my resolution is to die."

1. My roommates. We tend to get irritated over small things and it worsens over time... but we always make up and we have a lot of things in common so that's cool.

2. Celly phone kept me entertained today.

3. Sleep. I never seem to get enough of it... so it must be good.

Primal Chai

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

1. That I got lost and it forced me to walk an extra mile today.

2. That my daughter's school conference was very positive

3. That I got 2 different Rainbow Brite dolls on Ebay that I wanted :) :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

1. That all annual evaluations for all employees in my department are finally complete.

2. Lunges - I adore lunges and how strong they make my legs.

3. That a friend I had lost touch with for a few months (by his choice) has come back and renewed contact. He inspires me to push myself and is a wonderful source of posistive energy.

M2M

- Do something everyday!

1. My family. I have to be sane in order to handle them all.

2. Work. It keeps me from being depressed.

3. My cats. Soft furry bellies relieve any and all stress at the end of the day... until the claws strike back. (Ow!)

Adventurer | Level 1

CON: 0 | STR: 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

On Hiatus

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost

1. That all annual evaluations for all employees in my department are finally complete.

2. Lunges - I adore lunges and how strong they make my legs.

3. That a friend I had lost touch with for a few months (by his choice) has come back and renewed contact. He inspires me to push myself and is a wonderful source of posistive energy.

Uhm...yay for #1! O.o for #2 (I'm strongly in the "lunges are a form of torture" camp :P ) and  :highly_amused:  :highly_amused:  :highly_amused:  :highly_amused:  :highly_amused:  :highly_amused: for good friends coming back into your life!!! 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I'm going to do 6, just to make up for both missed days :) 

1. that I have gotten almost every single Rainbow Brite Doll I want this week, and only spent $55 on 7 of them :) (and then one of the others is a gift :D )

2. that my job application anxiety seems to have all but disappeared now that I had some concrete help with my resume and cover letters and am applying for stuff I feel confident about. 

3. that I have finally accepted the parts of my life that everyone else has said were "wrong" and feel good about making my own choices regardless of what other people think in EVERY area of life now.

4. That having lost someone that I loved dearly, hasn't broken me. 

5. That I have figured out most of my "issues"

6. That my grocery store sells individual slices of the best most yummiest chocolate mousse cake ever! 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Sounds like you are feeling far more positive, Bekah, so glad for you!

1. Charlie, my chubby cat quickly forgave my absence while at a conference and crawled under to covers to snuggle this morning. Nothing better than being the filling in the sandwhich between my "guys", Charlie and hubby.

2. Being mad at the government shutdown allowed me to reach a new pull-up PR

3. It is Friday and I'm only working part of the day

M2M

- Do something everyday!

1. My boyfriend is here to visit. Real cuddles, finally.

2. almond milk. Helped me cheat while I'm out of groceries, but I'm mostly still on track.

3. Fairy Tail (anime). It's so cool. c:

Primal Chai

1. That I can walk out my door and go for a run in the forest

2. That if I go for that run, chances are excellent that my husband is by my side and we are cheering one another on

3. When I get back from the run with hubby, one or both cats will be waiting and are happy to pet

Was a really good morning after an outstanding weekend!

M2M

- Do something everyday!

- I have an almost bottomless well of patience. I needed it today. Almost found the bottom.

- Layers. It's so cold at night now, but warm during the day. I wore a tank top, with a big sweater, with a big coat, and a scarf.

- my boyfriend. for obvious reasons, but also because he always seems to come up with great suggestions to make my life easier.

Primal Chai

- My internal alarm clock. I forgot to set my actual alarm but still got up on time to catch my bus for work.

- Almond milk. Makes coffee bearable, since dairy makes me sickish.

- My kitty. She so cuuuuute. :)

Primal Chai