Forums are back in action! ×

3.5 inches off my waist!

sara_bellum

Two straight weeks of not skipping workouts and sticking to my meal plan...I was horrified to see that I've gained weight (2 lbs) but I've lost 3.5 inches off my waist. After seeing that number, I basically told myself to forget the weight and be happy about the lost inches.

AND there's a new episode of Doctor Who today, so everythings coming up Milhouse!

lifelong nerd girl. former gym class deserter.

Challenge #1; Challenge #2

I sat myself down and shot my fear in the face

Two straight weeks of not skipping workouts and sticking to my meal plan...I was horrified to see that I've gained weight (2 lbs) but I've lost 3.5 inches off my waist. After seeing that number, I basically told myself to forget the weight and be happy about the lost inches.

Definitely celebrate lost inches, and focus on body fat %. Weight is important of course, but what makes up that weight is what really matters. Keep it up!

Whoah, that's awesome, well done! Do you mind if I ask what your meal plan and exercise routine is? 

Also, yay for Doctor Who - I just finished watching the 'Cold War' episode :D

I would say that my meal plan is about 98% Paleo. Breakfast is usually eggs filled with veggies which seems to keep me until noon. Lunch is usually a protein (last week was chicken then salmon, this week burgers stuffed with onions, jalapenos and other peppers), greens, or a sweet potato. snack is an apple with peanut butter and dinner this week is stuffed red peppers. I'll cheat maybe once a week, but that's usually a bagel on Saturday.

As far as working out,I'm using the New Rules of lifting for Women plan. I suggest checking it out because I think its a great intro to non-BS lifting and all the exercises are completely doable.

Also, I loved "Cold War." My friend was showing me the Ice Warriors first appearance with the Second Doctor and I thought they were kinda lame. Leave it to Mark Gatiss to make them terrifying.

dang girl! if you mind me asking what was your measurements before and after?

My beginning waist was around 41 inches down to 37.5. And actually, this past weekend when I took my measurements, I was down another half inch, so we're at 37 inches now. Also, I've finally made a (small) dent in my hips...half an inch...so its a start.

Archived