Forums are back in action! ×

Heavy Lifting Newb--would love a Heavy Lifting expert mentor

Well Hello all!

I've been eyeballing the heavy weights for a while now, and am going to take the plunge tonight (well heavy-ish)  To start, I have the book The Female Body Breakthrough by Rachel Cosgroves.  In it there is a 12 week lifting plan to get you used to weights....I started it once before, but then switched jobs and moved, and lost momentum blah blah

I'm going to the gym tonight, doing workout #1....and then setting goals for increased weights.

I would LOVE a mentor-- someone who knows the ins & outs of heavy lifting and how to design work-outs and really push yourself.  i.e military presses over 12lb seem impossible at this point....but i'm guessing they are not??

So I will start the 6 week challenge next week as well following this plan and hopefully at the end of the 6 weeks i'll be half way through the second 4 week program of this book :)

Heyyy! Welcome! Come on over to the Warrior's Guild...we'll get you sorted out right. 

I had never heard of FBB but after doing some research it seems like a solid program. I'm not sure what the workouts look like, but if they're anything like New Rules of Lifting for Women (workouts designed by Rachel Cosgrove's husband) you'll have your work cut out for you!

I did NROL4W a while back and while it was a good program, it was confusing. I actually switched to Starting Strength (Mark Rippetoe). Others have done Stronglifts. They are definitely easier to understand than a workout that has you doing 6-8 exercises per day, ESPECIALLY as a novice.

Anyway, like I said...you'll find plenty of mentoring with the warriors.

P.S. I am doing 50-lb overhead press and I suck at it. There are other chicas who are much more awesome than me. So it's definitely possible!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Archived