Forums are back in action! ×

XBox 360.. Which to get?

EmlyAnne

I have finally saved up money to buy myself my very own Xbox360. No longer will I have to go over to my guy friends' houses to play my games.

Now I need to figure out which to get. There's the 4GB, and the 250GB version. My question is, how much space do games actually take up? I see myself playing games like Tomb Raider, Call of Duty, and Assassin's Creed if that helps any, and may even get the Kinect later on.

Thoughts?

Ninja Scout

LEVEL 1 Stats: STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

If you see yourself playing a fair amount of games, I'd recommend the 250GB just because you could do a full install of most of the games so it'll run faster and smoother and also, you're have more room to download anything you'd want from the XBOX Live Arcade :) Cause 4GB will fill up reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally quickly and it'd be a waste to have to buy either a bigger hard drive for it or to buy flash drives for it :S

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

-- Charles Bukowski

I have the 4GB one, and here's the deal.  If you plan on playing 2-3 games at a time, playing form the disc, and only getting the extra content for those, you can probably handle the 4GB, unless one has extra content that is a huge memory hog like the battlefield or elder scrolls games. This is what i do and when I'm done wiht a game or am running out of space, I delete the extra content for the old games since I don't need it anymroe.  You sitll own it and can redownload it if you decide to play it again.

For those who buy and download lots of extra conent for a bunch of different games or download a lot of stuff like arcade games, 250GB is what you want.

Also, next gen consoles are rumored to be coming later this year, there's always that.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived