Forums are back in action! ×

To grunt or not to grunt?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you grunt?

• Yes
    • No

Hahaha sexy lift calls for sexy grunts!  Beast lift calls for beastly grunts!

I gave a right ol' snort the other day while workout out...scared the dog! 

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

bit of an accidental grunter/expeller of hard breath, only towards the end of sets/ when shit get heavy, though heavy squats make me growl... like a proper, back of the throat deep rumble it surprised me a bit the first time lol (there may be proof of it when i put the video up for our little Strength Showdown)

Don't just grunt, I scream and shout and cry. Just can't seem to get anything hard done without making a fuss about it.... I blame karate training. If I trained in the gym I'd do my best to keep it in, but I'm usually outside. Gave my husband a shock the first time we did a tandem time trial together though! o.O

Vixen

Assassin Level 2

Challenge #1, #1.5, #2 , #3 , #4, #5 (current)

I don't grunt...that I've noticed.  I usually just do a lot of heavy breathing (breath in and woosh out) and throw an F-bomb or other random word out there once in a while... "Fuck, fuck, beans, fuck!"

Love it! I am also a motivation curser, can also be heard asking myself how bad I want it and a variety of other like minded questions.

It's not really a grunt, but I do give a hiss of breath if I'm trying to push through something. I have to be quiet though since I live with three other girls and I don't need to look like the crazy roomie more than I already do.

I also swear a lot. Swearing is kind of my go to thing to push through anything hard or painful, be it mental or physical; since as studies have shown, swearing does reduce pain and can help increase endorphins.  

I saw that tested on mythbusters. :highly_amused:  Love that show.

Level 3 Human Ranger

STR 3.2 STA 3.2   CON 7 DEX 2 WIS 7.5 CHA 4.5

oh I never saw that one- totally cool!!

I'm a swearer sort of- I have a running monologue in my head- and heavy grunt breathing for hit.  I definitely have talk myself through sometimes- come on- don't quit one more- always one more- finish it come on don't quit- stop fucking slack you little bitch- let's go.  things of that nature. 

I always feel like I'm a hot mess working out- but one of the guys last night was like- dude I love watching you work out. You kill it every time you are in here. You look like wonder woman now which is saying something because you look swell before!

it was a nice compliment from a guy who is in incredible shape. albeit I know he's half a creeper in that he just likes watching women work out LOL he's still a sweet heart. Nice guy for the most part. 

I only grunt if I'm doing lifting something and because of the weight it's hard for me and its only quiet, most of the time I make faces, which must be funny to watch

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Archived