Forums are back in action! ×

I'm brand new! Excited to join the rebellion!

Hello! I'm Essie and I just joined NF today! My hubby has been a NF fan for awhile, but just this past week I started reading articles and have decided to join the rebellion! I'm excited but am feeling a little trepidation. I signed up for the next 6 week challenge that starts next week (eek!) and am planning my goals and evaluating what my focus should be for this.

A bit about me - I am pursuing my teaching certificate and currently work in a public school with a little boy who has autism, hopefully I will be teaching starting in the fall! I am married (5 years next month!) and I run a food/nutrition/homesteading blogsite in my spare time. I love photography, graphic design, cooking, and just being a little farmgirl!

I have struggled with my weight my entire life (being only 4'10" tall makes it difficult to be anything BUT overweight!), but last year I decided to take control of my body and life, and since February 1, 2012, I have lost 75 lbs! I also completely revamped my eating habits and made significant lifestyle changes that I LOVE. My hubby has been Paleo for 3 years and has been doing Crossfit in our garage for 3 years and loves it, but I resisted until last year to eat Paleo (love me some biscuits and gravy! But it has been more than a year since I have enjoyed them!). My food philosophy is Paleo-WAPF integration.

I have always hated working out, (who wants to run on a treadmill for an hour?) but December 2012 my husband started me on bodyweight workouts (turns out the one he gave me is the beginner bodyweight workout from NF! I had no idea!) and doing weight lifting in the garage. In just a couple months I have doubled my squat and increased my overall strength in all the lifts and things he has taught me. I still have to force myself to go workout but I know it is good for me and will help me to achieve my goals. And I want to learn to love it!

I still have approximately 15-20 lbs of body fat to lose, but I don't have a specific goal weight in mind because I know that as I gain muscle, my weight will increase, so I'm not as worried about a number as I am how my body looks, feels, and how clothing fits. I need to tighten loose skin from the drastic weight loss I had this year, and I need to increase my strength significantly! I can't wait to be part of this community and have the support I need to reach my goals. I am looking forward to doing my first challenge!

-Essie

Level 1 Fae - Warrior at :love_heart:, training with the Adventurers

STR 1  |  DEX 1  |  STA 2  |  CON 4  |  WIS 5  |  CHA 3

First Challenge

Items: Fire Flower power up

Just reading your intro I can tell you're pretty cute.

Allons-y!

If deadlifts were easy they'd be called ellipticals.

If you can't fix it with fish oil and squats you're probably going to die. ~ Marshall White

TIME LORD, The Warrior, Level 3: STE: 12, DEX: 12, STA: 5; CON: 5.75, WIS: 9; CHA: 2

Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Ephesians 6.10

-           -      -   -  -  -  -  -  - - - - - - - -----------------------------------------------

Archived