Forums are back in action! ×

hello

well like most I have been I a weight loss journery forever. I'll try to keep the history short as possible. Been the "fat kid" my whole life, but yet when I look back on photos I was NEVER a big kid. with exception of late teens/early 20's (drinking/parties & fast food).my heighest weight was 220lbs at age 23 I discovered the love of the Gym and loss weight successful and keep it off for a long time. Then stress hit me without realising, due to alot of things. I moved back to my home town(where I was bullied alot) to be with my now husband, his mum got sick, a very close friend of ours got sick and I guess I freaked out and without realising gave myself an eating disorder(age 26).  Had a few rough years trying to get my head around it and get on with life and I am 100x better than I was, but those thoughts are still there.

I've come to realise I will proberly always have my crazy ED thoughts, but it doesn't rule me. In the last 2 months my goals have changed, no longer looking for big weight loss, but looking to get stronger(mind & body), toned and smaller in inches. My body has pretty much sat at the same weight for the last 5 yrs, 149lbs (with the exception of my wedding last year where I managed to lose 5lbs with the help of MFP) but I was under eating(didn't understand the NET calories etc).  So im now eating TDEE -20%, pretty healthy most of the time. I have an extreme sweet tooth. I discovered nerd fitness through MFP and have been doing the beginers body weight circuit, which is great.  Also using weights at gym.  I still do cardio, as I worry that I lose the endurance I have built up of the years, useful for long hikes in NZ over very ruggered terrian.

Thanks for letting me share, any advice on where a absolute beginer should start with weights would be great, I have a recurring lower back injury so deadlifts may not be a great start.

welcome!  I don't do any weights yet (only starting off with a shovelglove) so idk what help I can give for that.  Just wanted to say hello and see if you were going to start the 6-week challenge coming up?  I'm excited for it. gl and have fun.

Welcome, Teajay! Can I begin by just mentioning that I'm a teensy bit jealous that you hike around in NZ? I was lucky enough to go to the South Island once, and I'm still completely taken with it. 

I think you're on the right track with incorporating weights, rock on! How are you doing with the bodyweight circuits? .

Level 5 Dryad Druid + Adventurer

STR 7 | DEX 10 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 13 | CHA 10.5

Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge

Archived