Forums are back in action! ×

Just call me Miss Mechanic!

Elder

This isn't fitness related but I am SUPER excited about it!

My truck wouldn't start today and I successfully diagnosed the issue and fixed the problem!

I cruised the internet looking for information on why my truck wouldn't start when it was wet out, because apparently it get's all pissy when there's any kind of moisture in the air.  I figured it was the distributor cap and rotor so found a YouTube video, bought the parts and changed them out!  After the parts were changed I tried starting my truck and....no go, shit!  So I tore everything apart again and saw that I had bust the rotor when I put it in so back to the parts store for another one.  I was very careful putting the second one in and once I got everything back together my truck started with out an issue!  

Super happy that I was able to fix my truck by myself for under $30!  If I had taken it to a "real" mechanic it would have cost me well over $100.

:triumphant:

I love myself!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

That's great! Might want to check the plug wires too. That deteriorate over time and become moisture sensitive.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Thanks guys!  

I am hoping the wires are still ok, I will find out over the next few days because it's supposed to snow/rain until Thursday.  I have a list of things to check and possibly change when it gets nicer out (possibly August at this rate), spark plugs, break pads, etc.  I am due for an oil change pretty soon too and will clean the air filter at that time.  

I am pretty much self taught on vehicle mechanics, well I watch a lot of YouTube videos.  My dad showed me how to check all the fluids in my vehicle but that was about all I was interested in when I was younger.

I love being able to do this kind of hands on thing!  Aaand I love to see the look on a guys face when I can talk "truck" just as much as he can.

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

AWESOME!! That's amazing Elder! It always brings a smile to my face when a girl isn't scared to get her hands dirty!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Well done!  I really need to learn more about taking care of cars... I mean it's the most expensive thing I own and I can't take care of it myself? That just seems silly to me... 

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

That's super pimp.

I love wrenching- but I am really awful at diagnosing.  It's really something that I have an issue with- so you have mad props from me on that!   :)

I am bad with classifying the sounds that my vehicle can make, every one has different names for the sounds.  I may call something a squeak when it's a tick, or a roar when it's a hum.  I get some funny looks when I try and imitate the sounds to the guy at the parts store.

WD-40 can help too when moisture is problem. Spray on all the wires and distributor.

Nice job.

I tried some spray stuff first in case my cap was just cracked or if the wires were the issue but it didn't help.  When I took the cap off the little things on the inside were corroded (distributor terminals?) so had to change it.

My favorite gift that I got for Christmas last year was my OBD reader!

Archived