Forums are back in action! ×

Baby Step (or walking lunge) across the room...

SSquirrel

I love "What About Bob?".  Great movie.  His doctor, Richard Dreyfuss was right tho.  It's all about baby steps.  I was supposed to start my workout routine last Monday, but to date, I had accomplished 3 1/2 sequences of a single interval of walking/jogging due to lower back pain.  The rest I had excuses and didn't do it.  Tonight, while my wife was in the bathroom between TV shows for us, I decided I need to do something tonite and I knew I could do jumping jacks.  Normally I'm planning to follow the Bodyweight Workout routine, but starting w/the squats and pushups was intimidating to me, so I did jumping jacks.  Here is what I did, in the order I did it.

Fire drill at work. 4 flights of stairs each way (I counted the stairs here at work b/c it's outside of my normal work routine)
50 jumping jacks (better than the 30 from the BWW)
10 pushups
10 squats (half of what was called for)
30 second plank (15 seconds over listed, MAYBE could have lasted another 5)
15 dumbbell rows (each arm) (5 more than listed)
20 walking lunges

Holy crap I'm tired!  On the down side, very tired and hurt a bit, but I showed myself I can do at least 1 full cycle of this workout, so I won't let fear stop me next time.

Now to work on the other excuses...

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Thanks Jo :)  I mean I knew I could do at least a few of everything, but I also thought I could get thru that interval training if I did it as walk/jog instead of jog/run.  I was wrong b/c old lower back problems turned into pretty severe pain pretty quickly.  I have a friend who used to own a gym and he would have me come over and roll w/him and a couple of other guys when he would be working on jujitsu lessons for them.  I would usually end up in lower back spasms during one of the exercises.  It sucked hard.  Other than that it was pretty fun overall

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Archived