Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all!

So I'm in my last week of training before my first triathlon on April 27th. And I'm fucking sick of training, sick of eating right, planning meals, going everywhere with a fucking suitcase of food, scheduling every second of my life, not being able to sleep in on the weekend. Just overall mentally and physically overloaded and it burst this weekend and I ended up sobbing in the shower, explaining to my partner what the heck is going on. Whew. Okay.

So this morning, I'm doing my run/swim thing. 30 minutes of intervals and a ~10 min swim. As I'm walking out, the guy at the front desk says,

"Were you on the swim team in high school?"

"No..."

"Oh well, you really glide through the water. I did swim in high school."

... beaming for the rest of the day. Perfect timing dude, thanks for the awesome confidence boost!! Not to mention I was swimming at a pretty leisurely pace but my watch said I was hauling ass!

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

:)

that's totally awesome. 

I can feel your pain trying to schedule all the things and eat all the things and do all the things- it's very stressful and tiring- but you'll be SUPER glad you did it come race time.  Will be a long day- but the better prepared you are the more you can kick ass.  These long days will make that happen!

GO YOU SUPER ASS KICKING MAMMASITA! :)

Very impressive!  Judging by the swimmers I know, it takes a lot to impress someone who used to swim in high school/college, you must be really kicking some ass!

Hardcore training is tough! Like I-Jo said, once it comes to race time and you go out and kick some ass it'll feel so good that you proved you could get it done.  Keep up the good work!

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

The swim is the part of the race that I'm really scared of. It's open water in the murky-ass, bull shark ridden Gulf of Mexico (kind of, it's actually Galveston Bay). But it's a shipping channel which means it has crazy currents. And there are going to be a lot of people in the water. Once my ass hits the shore after that swim, I'll be happy.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Awesome! congrats on that form!

I am also running a tri this weekend, and it'll be my first open water swim, so I hear you. There are not many sharks in Puerto Vallarta though, crocodiles yes, but not in the port where the swim will be.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Archived