Forums are back in action! ×

newbie mom hoping to become a ranger mom!

I joined the rebellion a few weeks ago, and am finally starting to dive deep into the community. I started with joining Team NO Snack and feel amazing. I know it's only the first 24 hours, but I know that this is going to be a change for the better. I never realized snacking could be doing harm. I fell into the empire wasteland of eating every few hours - and will NOT go back. 

I'm a mom of four and looking for even more ways to stay active now that my wee lads and lasses are getting minds of their own and are already embarrassed by me. I'm married to a guy who can cut out soda and loose 10 lbs in 5 days. He also looks like he could be a weight lifter due to his job and amazing genes. He doesn't understand my obsession with health and fitness and I'm kind of lacking on support all around - that's where you fine folks step in!

wake up. kick butt. repeat.

Level 2 Adventurer

WIS 6.5 || CON 1 || STA 2 || STR 3 || CHA 1.5

1st Challenge

2nd Challenge

I'm a mom of four and looking for even more ways to stay active

You have four kids, trust me, you'll be plenty active for years to come :).  My weight ballooned and I had no interest in fixing it, didn't matter what my wife/friends/family said.  Until one of my kids took exception to that.  There's no way they'd let me get to that sort of weight again.  How old are they?  I only ask because it took them all to be old enough for bike rides etc. before it was really feasible to make exercise a(n almost) family wide thing.  I'm an adventurer rather than a ranger (by activity I probably should be but I get into the class description, reach "low % body fat", give my spare tyre a loving squeeze and move on...)

We're only a week into the latest challenge so why not join in?

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I've always hovered around a good weight, so it's not my weight I worry about, but strength and endurance. I was down to 130 for my wedding and I'm about 10 pounds heavier now. However, I feel WAY better like this than I did then.

I aspire to be a runner as well. I love running (no, I'm not a masochist!) and am running about 2 miles a day with minimal walking/jogging breaks.

My kids are 10 (does cross country and mt. biking), 4 (does gymnastics), 3 (runs or gallops everywhere) and 1.5 (has a really nice vertical jump for her age!). We're a very active family (snowboarding, hiking, fun games at the park and so on) and I'm lucky enough to be a stay at home mom who can work in exercises throughout the day. 

We're only a week into the latest challenge so why not join in?

I'll have to look at the latest challenge again, I must have misread the start date. 

Thanks for the reply!!!

Level 2 Adventurer

1st Challenge

2nd Challenge

Hi!

I feel you on the lack of support, my wife doesn`t get me. I am still wondering why she married me...I am just weird....in a cool sense though!

Anyway, NF is a great way to get all the motivation you need! No better community exists than us! Try joining an accountabilibuddies group!

Lvl 2   Half-Orc Dúnadan Assassin Ranger of the North trained by Aragorn son of Arathorn and Connor Kenway - Slayer of the Witch-King of Angmar - Nazgûl Hunter 

Current Attributes: STR: 6    DEX: 5   STA: 1     CON: 5    WIS: 3    CHA: 5

"Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know"

"So what's stopping you....? That's right...nothing!"

Bucketlist / Battle Log / Neo-Nerds NF Group / Second Challenge!

Hi!

I feel you on the lack of support, my wife doesn`t get me. I am still wondering why she married me...I am just weird....in a cool sense though!

Anyway, NF is a great way to get all the motivation you need! No better community exists than us! Try joining an accountabilibuddies group!

I joined no more snooze and plan on looking through some more groups when we're finished up with our big move. My husband and I are total opposites when it comes to health and fitness. Nothing wrong with being weird.... in a cool sense! 

Level 2 Adventurer

1st Challenge

2nd Challenge

Archived