Forums are back in action! ×

Appipulai

Hi all!

I found these forums because I mentioned on my Facebook that tracking my calories in my app was like playing a video game - you do exercise and you get bonus food points! Someone mentioned this site and I'm so glad, because this is definitely epic awesome.

Been reading the articles here now for a while, and while I've had a pretty decent guide for getting fit for a while (Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle), but the motivation wasn't there (and the forums were $10 a month, which never sat right with me) The diet/fitness info is similar to this site - healthy eating, common sense, real food, but I apparently only assimilate goal setting/motivation through geek metaphors. Especially the race/class/profession article.

Dwarf Adventurer - Assassin Aspirant here! (5ft 4", gains muscle fast, loses fat slowly, can't jump and afraid of heights, but would kill to pull Lara Croft level parkour moves.)

Here, in this place and this time, my motivation has skyrocketed. I've been depressed since my hoop dancing has been cut low by a stupid yoga injury, and for some reason, even though its just about the same info as the BFFM site, here I am on fire and determined and hopeful to get back to par. I think a lot of it has to do with the idea that I might possibly achieve Parkour. For me that is a revolutionary, breathtaking idea. And I immediately started bodyweight and bought assassin's creed rings to symbolize my committment. Have already lost 5 lbs - plateaued for a couple of weeks due to wavering, and am marching strongly forward now.

I look forward to actually talking to people (which I don't do enough of really, I'm very hermit-y, and I love so much that yall understand that), of like mind and mission.

Apipoussan,

Novena*

(In case anyone doesn't get my geek language skills -- for which I did have to check the spelling -- I offer this: http://www.divinelanguage.com/2008/01/points-of-interest.html)

(Also, I'm not *that* much a fan of the movie in question, especially cause the wardrobe was deplorable. But like any new world, it has its gems.)

Level 2 Assassin: STR: 5 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4.5

Challenge: The Raptors are Coming

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.

Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

Hi! I'm a n00b, too, and pretty similar to how you described yourself. Let's own this thing!

I once had a hoop that I named Dark Sakura - black hoop with 1/2 inch burgandy gaffers and pink holographic.

Let's rock!

--N*

Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

Welcome!

Great to see some one else interested in parkour! I am still getting into shape though. Just out of curioiusity, what is hoop dancing?

NF is such an awesome place and free too!

Lvl 2   Half-Orc Dúnadan Assassin Ranger of the North trained by Aragorn son of Arathorn and Connor Kenway - Slayer of the Witch-King of Angmar - Nazgûl Hunter 

Current Attributes: STR: 6    DEX: 5   STA: 1     CON: 5    WIS: 3    CHA: 5

"Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know"

"So what's stopping you....? That's right...nothing!"

Bucketlist / Battle Log / Neo-Nerds NF Group / Second Challenge!

Hoop-dancing is Hula-hoop dancing. Here is Baxter from Hoop Path (which is meditative hula hooping)

You can see how that kind of leads into the fluid motions of Parkour

Some idiot wrote an article lately saying "Hula Hooping is as practical a workout as the shake weight".

Oh yeah? Try it for a half hour and see how much you sweat :)

I just slipped into my new Vibrams after having lost my Classics. feels soooo good to be in toe-shoes again!

N*

Archived