Forums are back in action! ×

So I finally joined the forums and have had this post open on my computer for something like three days - today, I'm going to have my twenty seconds of courage and just post this, and see how it goes.

Well, hi. I'm Alex; I'm a native of Rhode Island - I still live there, currently working on a grant project for one of the state universities, as well as working nights for the Rhode Island School of Design. Thankfully, I'm leaving both behind for law school in New York City in the Fall. I've been lurking around NF since early 2011. In 2011, after failing the physical agility test for the RI Municipal Police Academy.  Between March and August of 2011, I went from 190lbs to 138lbs, and today  I sit fairly firmly at 135lbs. I eat mostly paleo (I do still love greek yogurt and diet soda). 

I'm an active cyclist and runner, debating finally dabbling in a triathlon or two this summer. More importantly, I'm looking to build muscle - dropping weight quickly, I lost muscle as well, which I'm looking at building back up with bodyweight training and strength training. Also, the more I look into it, parkour training just sounds like a great time. 

In terms of non-fitness pursuits, I'm an active reader and gamer - right now, I'm replaying Bioshock Inifinite and the Mass Effect series. Additionally, I volunteer as an EMT with a local rescue. More than anything, I'm usually tinkering with my bikes - swapping out parts and making improvements, and wondering why I don't take up less expensive hobbies.... -___-

I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all. 

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

hello native rhody! There's a 6-week challenge currently in progress that you might wanna check out.  It's all very simple to figure out.  If you have questions, just ask the forums or send me a message.  Welcome!  I played bioshock infinite for 2-3 hours (got up to the Vox) and had to return it from redbox.  I'll give it another whirl after this 6-week challenge (I'm rewarding myself with skyrim if I do well).   

That's pretty cool that you volunteer as an EMT.  The only volunteer stuff I've done recently is I brought my fat little pugs to an alzheimer's (spelling?) center so cheer up the old folks.

Thanks for the help! I'll go take a look at the challenge. 

I loved Bioshock Infinite - definitely my favorite of the trilogy. I just got off Skyrim myself - I might reward myself with the Dawnguard expansion if things go well in the next few weeks; I hear its definitely worth playing.

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

Awesome! Another rebel interested in parkour! I saw it in a David Belle video and immediately fell in love with parkour. Still not in shape enough to start practicing though, but it`s not far off. I`ll second the 6w challenge suggestion. It is a great way to get started!

Lvl 2   Half-Orc Dúnadan Assassin Ranger of the North trained by Aragorn son of Arathorn and Connor Kenway - Slayer of the Witch-King of Angmar - Nazgûl Hunter 

Current Attributes: STR: 6    DEX: 5   STA: 1     CON: 5    WIS: 3    CHA: 5

"Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know"

"So what's stopping you....? That's right...nothing!"

Bucketlist / Battle Log / Neo-Nerds NF Group / Second Challenge!

Archived