Forums are back in action! ×

I'm a 27 year old who travels a LOT for work. I average about 70% of the year on the road. Over the last 2 years I gained close to 50 pounds. Mostly due to poor diet. I stumbled across NF by way of google search of "how to eat healthy while traveling". I've been reading NF for a few weeks and signed up a couple of days ago. I've been impressed with the community's sense of support and extensive knowledge. I'm transitioning to full paleo over the next few months. I will be there by November. I need to get back into the kind of shape I was in while in the Navy. I have two young boys, who I would like to see grow up to be successful and healthy. So I must lead by example, I can't expect them to be healthy while I'm eating junk and sitting around all day. I have been tracking my intake for the last two weeks and am definitely going to have to make some substantial changes. The good news is: I am armed for success (thanks to NF). I'm taking it a few small changes every week and will be eating healthy and leveling up my fitness in no time. I'm excited to become a part of the rebellion.

-Warren

- Warren

Welcome!

Ones own children are great motivators, aren`t they? I`m glad you decided to take part in the forums. If you need any help on information or just a friendly push don´t hesitate to ask!

Lvl 2   Half-Orc Dúnadan Assassin Ranger of the North trained by Aragorn son of Arathorn and Connor Kenway - Slayer of the Witch-King of Angmar - Nazgûl Hunter 

Current Attributes: STR: 6    DEX: 5   STA: 1     CON: 5    WIS: 3    CHA: 5

"Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know"

"So what's stopping you....? That's right...nothing!"

Bucketlist / Battle Log / Neo-Nerds NF Group / Second Challenge!

Thanks for the comments. I've been away from NF for a few days (118 hour work week). I have however been keeping up with the dietary changes and squeezing in the 20min hotel room workout every other day. I've figured out that the hotel microwave can be used to do more than reheat domino's. I found a microwave omelette maker and can't believe how awesome the result is. I've saved money ~$1.00 for eggs and veggies everyday instead of $15 everyday for pizza. Sure they bring me the pizza and I don't have to even talk to a person to get it, but making my own hotel food tastes better, keeps me feeling full longer and is a lot cheaper. I've even been asked by my wife where to find info on paleo. I directed her to NF and she's taking steps to modify everyone's diet. We're lucky to have 2 healthy boys, we're going to do everything we can to keep it that way.

- Warren

Great to hear you got your spouse on board! It is that much easier with the whole family working with you and not against! I too would love to read

updates!

Lvl 2   Half-Orc Dúnadan Assassin Ranger of the North trained by Aragorn son of Arathorn and Connor Kenway - Slayer of the Witch-King of Angmar - Nazgûl Hunter 

Current Attributes: STR: 6    DEX: 5   STA: 1     CON: 5    WIS: 3    CHA: 5

"Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know"

"So what's stopping you....? That's right...nothing!"

Bucketlist / Battle Log / Neo-Nerds NF Group / Second Challenge!

Archived