Forums are back in action! ×

Fitness Inspirations.

300 is great. So is Fight Club. I mostly find pictures of pro athletes with the kind of strength and build that I'd like and then figure out how they train. Begin with the end in mind, then break it down into measurable, definite steps to reach that goal.

Victory is not a destination; it's a process.

All the brave men and women who died fighting for their countries will be remembered. RIP. 

Are you in the Marines?

No.  To some regret. 

My family is full of Marines and I went to VMI- so most of my friends are active or previously served.

Unfortunately John was killed riding his motorcycle in Vegas by a 70 year old.  But his loss is deeply felt regardless- as you can see- he was a damn hard worker. 

No.  To some regret. 

My family is full of Marines and I went to VMI- so most of my friends are active or previously served.

Unfortunately John was killed riding his motorcycle in Vegas by a 70 year old.  But his loss is deeply felt regardless- as you can see- he was a damn hard worker. 

I'm planning on joining the British Army as an officer either in the Artillery or the Royal Marines. Unfortunately women can't fight on the front lines yet, but I won't be applying for a few years so lets hope. What's VMI? And he was a brave man nonetheless, regardless of the way he died.

Level 2 Gladiatrix-in-Training

Spartan Warrior 

STR 8; DEX 4; STA 4.75; CON 5; WIS 2.75; CHA 4.5

"A man must accept his fate, or be destroyed by it."

"Do or do not, there is no try."

Agreed. 

Virginia Military Insitute- it's where I went to college- I had some personal issues that directed me to take a different path. Sometimes I deeply regret it but on the flip side- there are days when I am deliriously happy with my life- and it wouldn't be the same in the Corps.  No worries.

​I wish you luck in your en devours-they just let women into combat roles in the states- so we'll see how it goes here. It can be tough regardless of combat role or not. 

some more motivators- Working out, I found out that when I work out regularly I eat better, compared to days when I dont work out.

numbers, I keep telling myself, "just a few more days and ill add 10 more pounds"

history, I wear a uniform every day of my life, and honestly i have never once felt like i deserved to wear it due to my physical fitness and shape. Its a constant reminder.

Also, there's a sick video to Eminems' Til i collapse on youtube that is well made off of black hawk down clips, motivates me every time. Especially because my current dream is to join 160th SOAR eventually and they were the guys flying that day.

Oh and i shouldnt forget, NF. sometimes looking on here is all i need to get my ass off the bunk.

I was born a fool and haven't improved much since. - Lattie Tipton

Dwarven Ranger Level 1

STR:3 DEX:2 STA:3

CON:3 WIS:2 CHA:2

@I-Jo: Anyone who gives his heart to something like the military (especially divisions like the Marines) or 'higher order' law enforcement has my respect.

Also, for inspiration? this guy:

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

this.

this is the one- and it's just blood pumping.  I LOVE IT

Used this to get my ass out of bed this morning and go for my 5AM run I just kept hearing "Some of you say you want success but you don't really want it you just KINDA want it...Some of you want SLEEP more than you want SUCCESS" 

You guys! Joining the NF community was like, damn, I'm not doing enough.

This, very much.  Steve's "this is totally easy, you can do it, and if you can't, just build up until you can" attitude resonates with me.

Also:  My twin brother.  Some guy who is the same age, had the same upbringing, and has a very similar body type (except, you know, with the Testosterone Bonus), went from overweight lazy guy to freakin' amazing spider monkey bike ninja guy.  He's supportive of me, but his level of fitness blows mine right out of the water, so sometimes his tips don't apply.  Yet.  ^_^ ^_^ 

It's a bit fangirl of me (especially since I'm 33, not 13) but in The Hunger Games, when Katniss first runs out of the district and into the forest - she runs so lightly and easily. I've always been a boomba - I'd like to be fit and light enough to run like that. So yeah, that's a bit of my inspiration.

I don't remember his name but there was this black pro Football player who (I believe) got into this car accident and the docs told him he'd probably never walk again as they had to reconstruct his legs because they were seriously torn up but he exercised for I think 6 months and managed to get back on the field. Unfortunately I don't remember the name or the name of the video, pretty sure I saw it on YT last year.

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

On 5/23/2013 at 2:37 PM, Goldenbird said:

Deleted per poster request.

Makes sense to me.  Watching people who are fit is nice, but I also find it more motivating to see people who aren't in amazing shape getting out and trying to level up.  If they can do it, I can too!  When I see someone who is incredibly fit, it's hard for me to think of what they may have looked like at the beginning. 

My kids are my inspiration and motivation... my sixteen year old is doing a Spartan race this fall... he wants me to do one with him next year...

I've lost 80#so far... my youngest weighs~80 when I'm feeling poorly (fat and blobish) I pick him up and walk a block... then I feel like I can do anything

I've also realised that exercising and eating right is a form of worship... God gave me one body and taking care of it is showing Him respect and thankfulness...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

On 5/23/2013 at 1:37 PM, Goldenbird said:

Removed at request of user.

totally depends- I've seen a big guy doing shit that made me just shake my head.  But most of the people at my gym BUST THEIR ASSES... and yeah- they motivate me to work harder.   Again- we have several people at my gym with spinal/muscular issues- and they kill it. It's totally cool and all I can think of is those other people "oh I have a hang nail"   bitch get the fuck out there and work- that's not an excuse.  If X, Y and Z can do it- YOU CAN TO.

I love those guys.  They make me happy- all of them. 

What motivates me to work harder is loss. 

If I lose a fight at a Judo competition, it disappoints and frustrates me, but instead of giving up I take a step back and try to figure out in terms of technique and fighting, where did I go wrong. Secondly, if I feel that the opponent was also physically superior in terms of conditioning, then I just work harder in the gym and at Judo to get fitter and stronger.

Late 2011, I tore the ACL in my right leg. After recovering from surgery, I started to smash the hell out of my legs, because I never want to suffer an injury like that ever again. I actually love leg day. This falls into "loss" because I wasn't allowed to do Judo or any real heavy leg training for about six months... so when I was ready, I came in kicking and screaming. 

While not so much an element in "loss", I think also a big reason I work so hard is because I used to be very overweight and never again do I ever want to let myself go to such a place. Is that fear, or determination? I'm not sure, either way it's working so far. 

I don't expect to ever actually be LIKE the female action heroes that, after all, are really actors.  But I find them inspirational just the same.  My challenge this go-round is themed around a Black Widow fan vid, obviously Catwoman is up there, and I'm very fond of that scene in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" where Angelina Jolie's character casually balances a chair on one leg and stands on it to adjust the drapes.  I think of that when I'm doing balance exercises all the time.  

Selina Kyle, level 2 antihero assassinSTR 7.5|DEX 1|STA 5.5|CON 4.5|WIS 4|CHA 3 

Archived