Forums are back in action! ×

Double Agent?

Hello   :)

I found Nerd Fitness about three days ago and I was hooked! 

Sadly, I came to the realization that I work for the Empire (in this case, Starbucks)

My personal rebellion started about a month ago when I stopped drinking anything at work that wasn't water. My biggest challenge has always been food--not only the way I eat, but the amount as well.

So far my first goal is to transition to fully paleo by the end of May. I'm a little worried because my roommate has a tendency to eat nothing but fast food for weeks on end. I haven't told him about my choice to join the Rebellion. I'm not sure he would really understand. 

It's going to be a little bit of an uphill battle, but the Empire will not win!

Good luck on your goals, and welcome aboard!

I have to agree, it must get difficult working at a Starbucks - I've been mostly Paleo for a while, and even I have the occasional lapse when it comes to their old-fashioned doughnuts or the macchiatos...

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

Tarmac--I work in a really slow store, too, so all day the pastries are literally staring at me. Plus, it is a common practice to simply mark-out a pastry that we have extra of and eat it in the back. My goals when it comes to work are no junk food. There are some healthy options there, but not many.

rogaecia--In the past few days I've tried to eat as close to paleo as I can (with the exception of a couple of sips of soda the other day). I'm still trying to work through (aka eat lol) the food I bought literally a few hours before discovering Nerd Fitness. A lot of canned stuff and carbs.... I love carbs  :-/

Archived