Forums are back in action! ×

New Here and Skinny Fat

Hey y'all, I started lifting weights on Tuesday and did it again yesterday. I did the beginners circut and I'm sore today. I used to be into running but I stopped when I got sick last year with a lung infection and I've had issues getting back into it.

I'm fairly short and skinny but I have little muscle. I'm 5'2" and about 110 lbs. I'm pretty out of shape and I'm excited to make some changes. I've been vegetarian for 15 years, but have started changing my diet a bit, I don't eat enough nuts and I eat too much sugar. Mainly because I work at a frozen yogurt place and get it free.

I'm not sure what to make my first goal to be, I know I want to get stronger but that's not really a measurable goal.

Hi cheetah! New here myself and can definitely vouch for the power of a balanced diet-- I've been gradually eliminating processed foods and can already feel the difference. Lots of fruits, veggies, nuts, and fish. Give it a shot :) Good luck with your fitness goals!

Level 1 Wood Elf Druid

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 2

"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."

Current 6-week challenge: Check it out!

I've been doing good on the eating, I think. I've upped my protein a lot and think I'll try a high fat/high protein diet. I also am trying to eat carbs in the form of veggies and fruits and not so much else.

I come from an italian family and my father likes to buy fresh bread and we literally eat a loaf or two at dinner at night, suprisingly he is in really good shape and does lots of strength training.

I was so so so so sore the other night, I think it was Sat. I really feel the soreness of the muscles so I hope it's working :)

I've been doing good on the eating, I think. I've upped my protein a lot and think I'll try a high fat/high protein diet. I also am trying to eat carbs in the form of veggies and fruits and not so much else.

I come from an italian family and my father likes to buy fresh bread and we literally eat a loaf or two at dinner at night, suprisingly he is in really good shape and does lots of strength training.

I was so so so so sore the other night, I think it was Sat. I really feel the soreness of the muscles so I hope it's working :)

Not everyone has a problem processing grains, so if you're not one of them, no reason not to keep eating fresh bread. (I mean, if you want to try not eating carbs that aren't vegetables or fruit, go for it and see if you feel better, and if you do, great, keep it up! But you can be totally fit and eat bread and pasta, so if you don't feel better when you don't eat bread and you want to eat bread, eat bread.)

Archived