Forums are back in action! ×

Looking for inspiration

Hey all!

I have been a follower of the main blog for about a year now, but just now decided to get a forum membership.

I am a 25 year old male, with a desk job. I graduated from university a couple years ago. Life is pretty good I guess, I have a nice place, a new car, and a great girlfriend. But I am really out of shape. I have been for years. In fact, I don't think I have ever really been IN shape.

However, I really like the style of this community, and I would like to take part. I am a total sci-fi nerd, computer gamer, and all around computer geek, so I figured I would fit in well here.

I have a habit of being a bit of a lurker, but I will try to keep myself involved here.

So now the real dirt. :)

I struggle with motivation. I got a gym membership almost a year ago now, and I have actually gone to the gym exactly twice since then. After work, I usually just feel so lethargic and tired, I dont want to do anything but watch some TV with my girlfriend, or play Minecraft for a few hours.

I think an accountability partner would help, but I don't like to let other people down if I fail at something, so I avoid that. 

I have succeeded in improving my diet at least a little. When I am hope, I eat a ton of veggies, and healthy meats. I have been making breakfast smoothies regularly, and generally trying to eat paleo as much as I can. But only at home. I eat out for lunch almost every day, cause i live just far enough away to not make it worth going home. And I am usually in too much of a rush to pack a lunch. 

So a couple baby steps have been made, but I lack the motivation to take the next step. Partly cause I am a little unhappy with my work, partly because I dislike drawing extra attention to myself. 

So yeah, thats me. :) Its kind of liberating to get all that out there, and just posting it makes me a little accountable to follow through with stuff. 

Hope to have some good discussion with all of you!

Well, my goal is pretty simple, lose a little weight, and build some muscle.

I am about 220 lbs right now, at 6'1". So not terribly overweight, just enough to notice. :)

I would like to get under 200, and feel comfortable without a shirt on again. The farmers tan look gets old after a few years, haha

Right now, plans are just learn what works for me, and not kill myself in the process. I am a total n00b and gym stuff, so I am learning everything from scratch.

Archived